•FORTY FOUR•

DISCLAIMER! If I don't have time to write but have an idea I write it down so when you see the whole plot at the top of the chapter... I'm sorry.

Okay, continue.

***

I was sitting in the passenger seat of my boyfriend's car while he sped to my apartment, we were just at a party.
Jayson was over talking to some friends with girls rubbing all over him and I didn't say anything but when I went over to talk to a good friend of mine, Stephen, he got mad and practically dragged me out of the house.

The whole ride was silence, Jayson didn't even look at me, he kept his eyes on the road and his grip was so tight on the steering wheel his Knuckles were white.
He was going so fast I was almost hoping he got pulled over, it would save me from what I would endure at home.

But unfortunately, that didn't happen, we pulled into the parking lot and I knew what was gonna come.

"Get out"  he ordered before slamming his door shut.

I quickly got out not saying a word, fear of adding fuel to the flame was high.

He stood by the open door until I walked in right past him, he quickly slammed the door shut and pushed me into the counter.

"Do you wanna explain what that was back there?" He screamed with almost no room in between us.

"I don't know-"

"Shut up!"

He grabbed a hand full of my hair making sure I was looking at him.

"I told you I don't like the dude!"

"I'm sorry" I barley whispered with pain going all through my head.

"No you aren't" he scuffed.
"You just wanna be a little bitch right?"

Before I could process what he said he shoved me to the floor.

"Is it me?" For a moment he almost looked heartbroken but I knew him all too well. He wasn't.
"You don't love me anymore"
I watched with fear as he carried himself like he was truly hurt by what I had done.

"You don't fucking love me!" His almost tears went away and he started laughing with the most terrifying voice.

"I still love you..." it was a lie.
I didn't still love him... and I don't think I ever truly did.
I was just too afraid to leave, for this very reason.

"Stop talking!" He kicked me right in the ribs while his once hysterical state turned back into anger.

"Jay you need to calm down"

"What? Me? You're the cheating whore"

I had my eyes closed but I didn't need them open to know the feeling of getting punched in the face.
I opened my eyes and watched the blood fall out of my mouth while listening to Jayson's pace around my kitchen.

"Everything we had and you just wanna throw it away?" He grabbed his chest.

"I didn't do anything..."

"Yes, you did!"
He screamed picking me up off the floor by my shirt.

"I hate you!" Be screamed in my face while trying to knee and kick me against the counter.

At that point I couldn't stand on my own, I closed my eyes so I didn't have to see whatever he had in store for me next.

Before I could feel about her hit he was pulled away from me and I fell to the floor in pain.

"Don't ever put your hands on her!"

"Get off me man!"

I looked up from laying on the floor to see Stephen pin Jayson against the wall.
Stephen is about 3 inches taller then Jayson and way stronger so it was no question when it came to who would win in a fight.

"Get out of here man this ain't none of your business," Jayson said trying to push Stephen off.

Stephen put him down and before he could even walk away he punched Jayson to hard he fell unto the floor unconscious.

"Are you okay?"

He asked while trying to lift me into a sitting position.
I couldn't speak without crying and he took notice.
He grabbed around my stomach and put my head into his chest while I cried did fear pain and gratefulness.

"Come on we gotta get you outta here."

Before I could try and stand he lifted me up and wrapped my legs around his waist.
He put my phone in his pocket and walked out closing the door behind us.

I was on the second floor so you had to go down a set of stairs before getting to the parking lot, while we were walking down the stairs he stopped and sat me on the stairs lifting my sweatshirt slightly to check for bruises.

There were new bruises from tonight and old ones from the past couple weeks, he broke at the sight in front of him.

"Can you take off your sweatshirt?"

I slowly and carefully lifted my sweatshirt off, he helped a little when I tried to take it off my head.
He grabbed my arms and gently pulled them towards him.
There were bruises and handprints around my wrists.

"Why didn't you tell me about this baby?"

"I didn't want you to worry..."

I put my head down in embarrassment before he grabbed my face.

"I could've helped you, you should've told me"

"I'm sorry" I broke down.

He took me into his arms before grabbing my hands and lifting me up.

"Come on we have to take you to the hospital"

And then I noticed the difference between Jayson and a true man... and I would never Turn back