•FIFTY THREE•

TRIGGER WARNING mention of drugs, guns, death.

"You got the stuff?" The tall light skin asked.

"Yea, but I want the money first," Stephen said with his hand out waiting for his end of the deal.

Stephen has been running low on cash since he and his girlfriend moved out so he could attend Davidson college, he expected it to be much easier than it turned out to be.
He didn't want his girlfriend, Jordan, to have to pick up a second job and with basketball, he couldn't pick up another task either.

They both swore to their parents they could handle this so neither one could go back and say they were wrong, and they really didn't want to.
Stephen told Jordan he would take care of everything and she didn't need to worry about their money problems, he wasn't sure how but he knew he would go to the end of the world to make sure he took care of her.

Stephen asked a friend of his if he had anything that could make Stephen a few extra bucks for the time being and his friend did mention one job, which ended up landing him here.

Selling drugs.

It was something he started a couple of weeks ago and never wanted to tell Jordan about, she would go crazy if she knew what he was out doing so he knew it would be better to keep it under wraps.

Hardly anybody knew about this little side job of his, it could ruin his career and chance at the NBA and that was something he wasn't going to risk.
He wanted to take care of his girlfriend until his first year was over and he could get himself and Jordan out of there.

He got in his car and headed back to his small apartment where Jordan was waiting for him like she does every night while she believes he is practicing.

He got out of his car fixing the basketball clothes that he wore every time just so Jordan wouldn't get suspicious and headed inside.

He opened the door to see Jordan sitting at the table with her workbooks all over the table and her laptop open with the light being her light source for her studying.

"Hey baby"
He wrapped his arms around her from the back, kissing the side of her head.

She told him high with a big cheesy grin.
He held her for a moment longer before letting her go and sitting down in the chair next to her.

"What have you been up to?"

She let out a dramatic sigh moving away from the work in front of her.
"Just studying so I can get out of here"

"Soon baby soon" he chuckled.

"I know but it's not soon enough"

Stephen smiled at her but in his head, he was having a battle with himself, he knew there wasn't much more he could do but it hurt him seeing her so miserable.

"Come on, take a break from this and let's go to bed"

Stephen reached his hand out for hers, she knew she should've continued but her brain hurt and quite frankly she didn't care anymore, she grabbed his hand and followed him to their shared room and they both got comfortable in bed together while watching Netflix and talking about their night.

Their days continued to drag on like every week Monday was miserable and Tuesday was the same, they did their same routine all the way to Friday. Gameday.