•SIXTY TWO•

"Amber I trusted you with my husband's best friend and you cheat on him! How could you do this to him? Or Stephen? Or me? Did you even think about that?"

"Yea I know I know it wasn't supposed to happen I was just at a bar one night and everything went so quick"

I was currently on an hour-long phone call with my sister.
I set her up on a date with my husband's best friend Klay since he was complaining about wanting to be in a relationship, so I decided he should meet my sister amber since she was a good person. Or at least I thought.
But I just received the news she cheated on him in a drunken affair one night at the bar.

Klay already knows and I can't imagine how crushed he must be, they've been dating for over a year and they were really in love, or at least he was.
I thought amber was really in love they were always together and we even went on double dates, I didn't believe it at first when I found out what she did.

"Are you mad?"

"Hell yea I'm mad amber! How could you do this? Not even to Klay but in general? We were raised better than this and now you're out cheating in bars? Getting drunk? Are you kidding me right now?"

"It's not my fault-"

"Oh don't even pull that card right now! It is completely you're fault! You're the only one to blame don't try to get out of this now"

"Well, what about the other guy? It takes 2 to cheat"

"He didn't know you were in a relationship, but you did"

"I can't believe my own sister is against me right now"

"You'll get over it"

I heard a knock on the door which was my saving grace because I couldn't stand this phone call any longer.

"I have to go, somebody, is here"

"But-"

"Bye amber"

I hung up the phone and went to the front door to see who was there.

"Oh hey, Klay. Stephen isn't here-"

"What the hell is wrong with you lily?"

I could smell alcohol on his breath but he clearly wasn't too drunk.

"What do you mean?"

"Your fucking sister! You couldn't have stopped her?"

He kept walking closer to me which caused me to walk back in defense.

"Klay just breathe for a second"

"you just had to set us up, didn't you? You couldn't have just stayed out of my life and let me live could you Lily!"

"Klay I'm sorry but this isn't entirely my fault, you know that"

"You ruined my life!"

"Can you please just stop for a second"

"Klay!"

S T E P H E N

I was in the gym with my trainer working on balance workouts when I could hear my phone ringing, I could see Klay's name light up on my phone, I went over reaching for my phone off the bench, Klay being one of the few people I answer for while working out.

"Hey man what's up?"

"You need to get here quick Lily's hurt"
I had never heard his voice so panicked before.

"What do you mean she's hurt what happened?"
I grabbed my keys and was already on my way out, I didn't need to know how she was hurt before I decided if I would come home, if Klay had to call me it was bad enough to need me to come home.