•FIFTY ONE•

Stephen woke up in the hospital chair, he had been there since his wife and 3-year-old daughter got in a car accident on their way home.
He looked around the room to see Aria missing.

"Aria" he called out and only heard her soft toddler giggles.

He stood up and walked towards the door her giggles were coming from.
"Aria come here"

She ran out from behind the door and down the halls, laughing as she ran away from her father.

"Daddy catch me!" He ran after her passing the light blue walls.

"Aria stop running" he looked left and right but could not see her anywhere.

"Over here!" She ran down another hall.

He groaned in frustration.

"Aria I'm not telling you again"

He saw her standing on a chair looking at the frame on the wall.
"Look. It's mama" she pointed at the photo.
Stephen furrowed his eyebrows in confusion looking at the picture from his wedding.

His wife, Amya, with her arms around his arm looking into his eyes while he smiled at her.

He was frozen staring at a picture he didn't notice Aria get off the chair and run again.

"Aria!"
She ran past a window that showed the beautiful trees turning colors due to the autumn weather.

"Mommy loves fall"

"Yes she does baby... we need to go back to her" he tried to explain to the girl.

"Okay. Follow me!" She squealed down the hallway.

"Stop running!"

She stopped at a table full of picture frames.
"Look, daddy! Baby Aria"

He again was confused. He saw pictures of Aria laying on Amya's chest in the hospital just hours after she was born.

"Yea that's baby Aria" he got down on his knees to look at all the pictures.

There were a couple of pictures from when they were in the hospital and some more from her newborn photoshoot.
He smiled at the one where Amya held Aria and Stephen had his arms around them both.

Aria yelled "follow me" after finding another hallway.

"When was that daddy?" He could hear Aria's question but couldn't see her.
He turned the corner to see her pointing at a picture.
He got closer and smiled remembering the moment.
Aria gave him a questioning look while he admired the picture.

"That's when me and your mom were dating... that's daddy's basketball game"

Aria copied her father's smile, she didn't understand why it was so special but it made her dad smile so she would do the same.

"Okay no more playing we need to go get mama"

The young girl smiled. "Okay!"

"mamas gonna come home with me soon"

"Yes she is baby all of us are"

She put her head down on her father's chest while he walked back to the hospital room.
"I miss you, daddy"

"I'm right here honey"

"I know..."

He walked into the room to see his wife standing, she looked like she had been waiting for him.
She wore a long white dress and she looked like she was glowing.

She reached her hands out for their daughter, Aria leaned over into Amya's arms, she got situated on her hip and put her head on her shoulder.

"I'm sorry you couldn't come with us baby"
Though her face was sad her eyes held so much love for Stephen in them.

"I understand sometimes things don't go as we planned..."

She gently put her hands on his cheeks, he felt a chill down his spine.

"I love you forever"

"Forever," he said smiling.

He kissed her forehead.

"I'm sorry I couldn't keep you safe..."

"Stephen!"

He jerked his head towards his mother who was calling out to him.

"Baby it's not fair to keep her like this... she's not gonna wake up... let her be with Aria."
A tear ran down his mother's face.

He looked over at Amya laying in a hospital bed with all kinds of breathing tubes and IV's going into.

"I can't lose them both..."

***

So I cried making this....

Sorry for the short chapter but I hope you enjoyed it❤️
And if you did please like and comment it helps me out a ton🙏