•SIXTY SIX•

Blake's POV

"It's a couch it's made to be laid on stop being awkward!" Stephen shouted from the kitchen.
"It's not just a couch it's a twenty thousand dollar couch"
Hearing the frustrated and playful footsteps approaching my space my best friend of nearly a decade leaned his muscular 6 foot 3 body against the wall.

"Blake put your damn feet on the couch"
I sat on my hands awkwardly before letting out a shy 'no'.
He rolled his eyes and let out the deepest chuckle before going back to the kitchen to finish whatever he was in the middle of.
"If you have a couch worth twenty grand in your second house I don't think I want to see your main house"

"I have asked you multiple times to come see my main house so don't act like it's a lack of invitation firstly!" Stephen dramatically exclaimed.
"You don't know what it has until you come to see it. You need to come and judge for yourself"

"I don't want to see California Stephen and I especially don't want to get into your STD-ridden sheets you nasty"

"You're my friend I would at least wash the sheets for you if I'm feeling extra nice I might even buy you new ones just for extra precautions. I am a gentleman after all"

"You could save the money of replacing sheets every week and just settle down... like most people your age"  I joked but the thought of Stephen having a family of his own didn't quite sit right. He's always talked about one but he's never tried settling down with a girl as long as I've known him.

"I have already told you a thousand times I 'm waiting"

I slightly relaxed back onto the couch letting out an exasperated sigh "I know I know you are waiting but you will never admit what you are waiting for"

"It's confidential Blake please don't ruin the plan"
"What plan Stephen!"
He's never even been close to telling me
What it is he wants and it's turned into a joke between us but there will always be a little part of me that wonders.
"You're supposed to be here helping me pack and you have only interrogated me and insulted my luxurious couch"
He laughs putting his hands out puzzled.

"I didn't interrogate anybody I'm just curious about a plan that's taken what? 5 years to plan?"

"Wrong 8 years. I'm working on it don't doubt my ways"

I struggled to pull myself off the couch I had sunken into just moments ago but managed before heading to Stephen's master bedroom.
"You exhaust me! Let's get you packed"

"Blake Marie Ellis don't you be snooping in my unmentionables!"
He jokingly yelled while walking behind me.

"You're a drama queen come on," I said while trying to contain my laughter but failing.
"You're going home for a week how much stuff could you possibly need?"

"I am home I'm going to California for a week and people expect me to be a fashion icon I need options"

I stand leaning my back against his dresser watching him pull his suitcase out "You wear joggers and sweatpants every day I don't think you have the requirements to be a fashion icon"

He turns with the most sass I've ever seen in a grown man before saying "I make it work"
Steph walked out trying to hide his four pairs of black joggers. I know that's not even his full collection, he wears so many he has an entire spot reserved for them.

"You can sit on the bed B. You don't need to break your back leaning on solid wood"
I scrunched my nose in slight disgust observing  his bed "I'm alright"

His face turned serious for a moment taking in my face before looking back at his unmade bed again before the lightbulb clicked.
"You're so dirty-minded my bed is clean!"