•FORTY•

Stephens P.O.V

I was getting my two daughters dressed because they were gonna go to their mom's house today.
I hated when they had to go over there, I love my daughters and I wished they lived here all the time but unfortunately that's not how things turned out.

Their mother and I got a divorce only a month after Ryan was born, I had found out Ayesha had been cheating on me for over a year, I even made her get a paternity test, and thankfully she is truly mine. Though it hurt when I found out it got easier and I'm over it I moved on and she obviously did a while ago.

I was wanted to fight for full custody but I still wanted them to see their mother so as of right now we switch to every other week unless I'm out of town for games.

"Okay so I got two bags ready for the week so they are ready to go sadly" my wife Paige said walking in with two bags.

I had met Paige only months after my divorce we became friends and in only a matter of a year we were engaged, she is truly the love of my life, I introduced the tall light-skinned brunette to my kids and they fell in love as quickly as I did and now it's 5 years later and we are happily married with a baby on the way.

Once the kids were ready we took them downstairs and waited for Ayesha to come and soon enough she got here, she was as cold as ever.
Ayesha has had a problem ever since I brought Paige around the girls, she has never been a fan of Paige, she even tried to get it a part of our agreement that Paige wasn't allowed near the girls which of course didn't work.

Once she finished her little tantrum with Paige she took the girls and left and leaving me and Paige alone for the first time in a week and I was ecstatic.

"Hey baby we are finally alone" I grabbed her and picked her up.
She smiled while she kissed me.

"What do you want to do?"

I put her down. "Well, I heard sex is good for the baby?"

"Yea? Well I heard lying gets you to hell"

"You killed the moment..." I started to walk into the kitchen to get away from my buzzkill of a wife "you sound like my mother!"

"Get over it!"

I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a beer and went to the living room where me and Paige would most likely spend the rest of our night.

She laid down across my legs and we watched Netflix for most the night until she started playing on her phone.

After a couple of minutes of her on her phone, she kinda tensed up and went to our bedroom.

"Baby where are you going?" I shouted as she walked up the stairs.

"I'm gonna take a shower"

I could tell by the sound of her voice she clearly wasn't fine but I was gonna let her do her thing before I bothered her about it.

After an hour or so I went to check on Paige to see if she was out of the shower but to my surprise, she was sitting on our bed playing on her phone, and from the looks of it, she never made it to the shower.

"Hey what's going on?"

She put her phone down in an awfully suspicious type of way.