•FORTY TWO•

"That was a workout," Stephen said flopping back unto the bed

"Haha hehe," Ariana mocked putting her pants back on.
"You need to find a new phrase because hearing that after every time we have sex just isn't working anymore"

Stephen playfully rolled his eyes knowing how much it drove her crazy.
"Come on you have to admit it gets better every time. Baby, you're magic"
It was now Ariana's turn for the eye roll and she took advantage of it.

"If I'm so magic why don't you go ahead and tell your little fiancé about me?"
She said sitting down at the end of the bed while Stephen put the nearest pillow over his head.

"Why do you do this every time? I can't leave her and you know it. I love you baby but you know it's more complicated than that."

"Yea I get it. I'm that girl that's just great to fuck but thankfully she doesn't have feelings so it's fine as long as you got your fix. Right?"

Stephen sat up looking at her, almost feeling bad for what he's doing to her "I never said that..."

"But you mean it, don't you?"

"I would never"

Ariana stood up ready to walk out, leave his childish act behind, and move on finally.

"Hey!" She turned at the sound of his loud voice.
"You know I love you... but I'm getting married in two weeks, I can't just walk away now..."

"But you can cheat on her? Lie to her? She can't seriously be that stupid to think you're training this much. Stephen, you're sleeping with me every night because you know for a fact you don't love that girl"

"How would you know?" He said defensively.
"You don't know what goes on in my relationship, don't come at me like you're better than me."

"I am better than you because I know when somebody is just with me for my money, and you can't"

With that, she walked out the door, hardly ever do these meetups end with a fight but Ariana was tired of biting her tongue.
She had known Stephen since high school, they almost dated years ago but never did even though it was obvious to everyone they both are very much in love with each other, they never took that step.
Stephen was always with a girl being the popular athlete he is girls were always throwing themselves at him but Ariana sat back enjoying the single life, her friends would always make fun of her and say she was just waiting for Stephen but that was hardly the truth.
If Stephen asked Ariana out she wouldn't hesitate in any way but that day has yet to come.

Ariana had a boyfriend for a couple of months but when she introduced him to Stephen Stephen was not a fan so Ariana broke up with him for the sake of Stephen and never held it against them even though sometimes it bothers her.
Stephen met this a girl in the parking lot after one of his games, they flirted a little bit and weeks later started dating.
This was the first girl that Stephen's parents actually cared for and one of the very few Stephen even brought home for them to meet.
Stephen lives for his parent's approval so for them to say they liked her he just knew she had to stay so after a couple of months he proposed.

Failing to realize the thousands of dollars that have gone missing from his home he just ignored it knowing that she took it.
It always bothered Ariana the most but Stephen sat through it knowing that his parents loved this girl for him and he would do anything to keep them happy.

One night Elle was supposed to go out with some of her friends while Stephen was gonna stay home and have a night to himself, she was supposed to be home at 7 but soon 7 turned into 8 and 8 into 9.

Stephen-having no one else to go to-called Ariana, she invited him over and just minutes later he was at her door and for the first time in a long time, he was smiling.
They laid on the couch and watched tv while talking but eventually the tv didn't interest them and they started to care more about each other's company than whatever boring show was on.
Stephen went on and on about what was happening in his life while Ariana sat back quietly biting her tongue, she was no fan of Elle but Stephen didn't need to know that.