A Letter???

The officer looks at Michael walking away from Sam's room. Then he turns to the nurse.

"Who was that?" the officer was confused.
"I don't know sir. He said that he was here to interview the girl." the nurse shrugs.
"Hmm...I was the one who needed to come interview her." officer says as he walks towards Sam, "I'll like to interview you again, I hope you don't mind." the officer smiled.
"Again? Sam remembers that Michael didn't interview her," Oh yes! Of course." Sam smiled.
"Alright! Let us begin. What was the last thing you remember?" asked the officer.
"I was going to the store to get some ice cream and I didn't realize that I went of the sidewalk. So then I turned around and a car hit me." Sam explains as she plays with her mask.
"OK. Do you remember the color of the car?" the officer takes notes.
"I think it was a black Rolls-Royce." Sam described the car even tho she knows too well that she is lying to protect Michael.

After five minutes

"Thank you for your patience. Take a good rest!" the officer says goodbye to Sam as he walk out of her hospital room.
"I will, thank you." Sam smiled and waved to the officer.

Sam was really tired so she decided to take a rest. She took out her earphones and put on Michael Jackson. Listening to Michael's music is the only was Sam can fall asleep because his voice is so smooth and calming. As she slowly falls asleep, she felt that someone touched her hand. She didn't think much of it because it was probably her parents.

After a long nap she finally woke up. She saw her mom sleeping on a couch next to her bed. Her dad was sitting on a chair by Sam's bed.

"How are you honey?" dad patted Sam's hand.
"I'm alright, dad." Sam smiled as she stretched, "Do you yawn know when I'll be allowed to go back home? I want to say hello to our new neighbors." Sam asked dad.
"Yesterday morning. Do you want to eat something?" Sam's dad asked Sam as he was chugging his beer.
"Yes please, can I have some popcorn?" said Sam as her stomach growled.
" sigh Fine! You're addicted to popcorn." dad laughed.
"Maaaaaaaybeeee~ hahahaha" Sam laughs.
"Oh! I forgot to tell you something. You got a note from your neighbors. I didn't know that you have already met them." Sam's dad hands over a closed envelope that says TO SAM...FROM YOUR NEIGHBORS <3 and Sam tried not to smile.
"Thanks dad! Yes, I met them once. They're really nice!" Sam smiled at dad and took the envelope.
"They should be!" dad smiled and went to the store to get Sam some popcorn.

Sam's mom woke up and now her dad was sleeping. Her mom saw that Sam got a letter.

"Who's that from?" Sam's mom smirked.
"Our new neighbors heard that I got in a accident and wrote me letter. I met two of them and they're really nice!" Sam blushed.
"Oooooh, I see you're blushing!!! Are they cute?" mom giggled.
"Yes they are hahaha." Sam got shy.
"I think one of them is cosplaying Michael Jackson. I saw a white diamond glove and a fedora on top of the fence." mom poked Sam bacose she knows Sam likes him, "You should make him your friend." poke poke poke
"Hahaha yes!" Sam laughed even tho she knew Michael wasn't cosplaying.

After an hour of chit-chatting about the neighbors mom woke up dad and said that it's already late at night and they should go home. Dad barely held his eyes open but got up and was able to give Sam a kiss and walk.

After her her parents left the hospital Sam turned on a lamp on the nightstand. Then she took out the letter from under her pillow. She opened it and started to read. After reading the letter, Sam had bawled her eyes out.

To be continued...