Bowser in the Sky

This is it, everyone! The grand finale!

Here we go!

Mario and friends exited the hole from Rainbow Ride. They slowly walked up to the door and unleashed the power of the stars. With it, they walked in, and this time the stairs actually had a top. It was a hole in front of a portrait of Bowser.

"So," said Bowser offscreen, "I've seen you've made it here, huh? Well, then I'll be looking forward to our final battle with you Mario. And ONLY Mario! The rest of you SCRAM because it's a one on one!"

"WHAT?!" exclaimed Mulan and Sweetie, "That's not fair!"

"Yeah!" said Luigi and Elsa, "We stick together!"

"I didn't come this far to be left out of this!" Wario complained.

"Let us in!" said Yoshi.

"Mario will need us!" Twilight added.

"Guys..." said Mario, "calm down. You guys have been a great help." he assured the group, "But if Bowser wants a one on one, he'll be getting one."

Mario smiled and winked. The rest of the heroes thought for a moment and smiled back.

"Okay, bro," said Luigi, "Good, luck!"

Mario gave everyone a thumbs up and jumped down the hole alone.

Mario heard thunder as he fell down onto a floating arrow. He could already tell he was in the sky.

"This is it, Mario," he said to himself, "Give it all you got."

Mario long jumped over three platforms and climbed up a fourth, then balanced on a narrow platform. Then a surprising thing happened. He walked on a wall, completely defying gravity.

"Why do I feel like this foreshadowing a future adventure?" he thought.

Mario continued to onward, up to a long tedious climb with many obstacles in the way. When he finally reached the top, he was met with a gust of wind that almost blew off his hat away if he didn't catch it.

Mario ran through with all his might and finally reached the pipe leading to Bowser. He stood there, clenched his fists, ready for battle. He jumped in the pipe ready for action. As he landed in the arena, lighting flashed around him.

"Alright, Bowser" he shouted, "Show yourself! I'm ready!"

Mario went into his battle stance to search for Bowser when the koopa in question crashed down on the floor. Mario was shocked to see that with the Stars' power, he had turned completely rainbow. He was now Rainbowser!

"Mario!" he said, "You came just in time! I've been looking for something to fry with my fire breath!"

"It's over Bowser!" said Mario "Me and the others have gathered the stars and I will stop you!"

"Gwahahaha!" Rainbowser cackled, "Your pathetic star power is useless against me, plumber! Your friends are trapped within the walls and you'll never see your precious Princess Peach again!"

"You'll regret saying that! Let's-a-do this! Mono y mono!"

"You can hold the mono because I'll pound your face!"

"Let's-a-go!"

"SHOWTIME!"

Rainbowser tried to ram in Mario, but he did a backflip and Bowser tripped and hit a bomb. He got back up immediately after.

"Not gonna be an easy one blow this time!" said Rainbowser.

"That's fine," said Mario "I didn't think it would be."

Rainbowser breathed a huge streak of fire into the sky. Which came back as little flames, Mario quickly dodged the falling fireballs. Mario then charged at Rainbowser as fast as he could to grab his tail. He spun him around and around until Bowser was nothing but a blur. He then threw him at another bomb.

"A wise guy, huh?" said Bowser, "Let's see how you deal against THIS!"

Rainbowser jumps in the air and breaks off five sections of the arena. The arena was now the shape of a star.

"Hope you have good aim!" he mocked, "Because those bombs are the only thing that can damage me. If I fall, I'll just jump back on!"

"Challenge, you say?" said Mario, "I like it!"

Mario kept dodging Rainbowser's attacks until he got to his tail again and swung him around. He was a good aimer because he got it on his first try. But to his surprise, Rainbowser was still standing.

"But how?!" he said shocked.

"This is far from over, Mario!" he taunted.

He took out the source of his power, the Grand Star!

"Woah!" said Mario in amazement, "That's a big Power Star!"

"Up till now, I've only been using a fraction of this Grand Star's REAL power! You'd thought you beat me. But I was only fooling you into thinking you stood a chance. Now, the REAL battle shall begin!"

The Grand Star infused with hi and got engulfed in bright light. Mario stood in horror as most of the arena collapsed, except for a small piece of land Mario was standing on.

"Mamma mia..."

To be continued...