Luigi's Loneliness and the Tower of the Wing Cap

The hexad made their way back to the lobby after Mario and Twilight found Luigi's key.

"We're getting closer to saving the princess!" said Mario "I can smell that cake already!"

"Cake?!" said Yoshi, smacking his lips, "Can I have some?"

"Sure! just don't eat it all in one bite."

While Mario and Yoshi shared a laugh, Luigi was feeling rather lonely. Elsa noticed this and decides to see what's up with him.

"Hi, Luigi." she said.

"Huh?" Luigi looked up and saw Elsa facing him. "Oh, hi Elsa. How are you enjoying this adventure so far?"

" It's been good." she replied, "Are you ok?"

"I'm... fine."

"Luigi, I grew up with a sister who is the complete opposite of you. Plus, I can tell these things."

"Well, for as long as I can remember, Mario has always been getting most of the credit." Luigi explained, "At least you and your sister are lucky to be getting all the credit together."

"I may not have known Mario for that long. But he seems to care for you. So I'm sure he'll make sure you get most of the credit. And who knows, maybe you'll get the chance to save him."

"Thanks." he said giving a smile, as they joined up with the others.

"And the princess..." said Mario, "I can't imagine what she's going through right now. I hope she's safe."

"Oh don't worry." said Yoshi, comforting Mario, "Once you save her, you'll earn yourself a nice kiss on the nose."

"C-c'mon Yoshi!" cried Mario, blushing "We're not like that! We're just friends ok?!"

"You're lucky to have someone like her, Mario." Luigi sighed.

"Luigi? What's wrong?"

"You've always been the luckier bro. There's a reason I'm not as popular as you are. It's because no matter how hard I try to be just like you, I just can't. I'm a cowardly person and I'm often rather clumsy. I'm socially awkward and barely had any friends as a child. That's why I never had a girlfriend as you did before."

"You had a girlfriend before Peach?" Twilight said surprised.

"First off, Peach is NOT my girlfriend! (At least not YET)" said Mario, trying to hide his feelings, "And yes, I did. Her name was Pauline. She was my last girlfriend in New Donk City before I rescued her from a gorilla that escaped from the zoo, who later got shipped away to an island along with his son after an incident in a greenhouse. The two of us dated for a while. But there were some issues. I had struggled with getting a job. I've had many jobs before plumbing and got fired from all of them. She dumped me because I quote, unquote "can't keep a job"."

"Oooh," said Mulan, "that's rough."

"It was. After me and Luigi got a plumbing job, we rediscovered the Mushroom Kingdom by accident and... that's how I met Princess Peach."

Luigi starts to cry, even more, feeling lonely that he never had love. Mario begins to feel bad for his bro being left out.

"Bro, I'm sorry you don't have your own princess to save." said Mario, "But I know your girl is out there somewhere. you just haven't looked yet"

"Where could she be?" wondered Luigi, "What other kingdoms are out there?"

"Well, there is this one kingdom I went to that was under alien invasion called Sarassaland. Technically, it's four kingdoms in one. Muda, Easton, Birabuto, and Chai. You weren't there because you were sick, anyways I was sent there to save Peach's sister who rules Sarassaland, Princess Daisy from the evil Tatanga. I succeeded, but she was expecting someone taller. But we were still good friends. I gotta say, she had quite the spunky attitude, saying that if she had the chance she would've whooped that alien in the face. We talked a bit longer as I took her home. I even told her about you and she said she wanted to meet you sometime."

"Wow..." said Luigi, "d-do you think she'll l-like me?"

"Maybe. Who knows?" said Mario, "After all, she seems quite opposite to you, and you know what they say, opposites do attract!"

"Heh heh." giggled Luigi, "Yeah!"

"Now then, let's head down to the basement."

As the hexad made their way downstairs, Luigi notices a spotlight on the sun's image on the floor.

"Uh, guys?" he said, "Was that light always there?"

"No, it wasn't," said Mario, "Let's check it out!"

"Wait!" said Yoshi, "What if it's dangerous?"

"Relax Yoshi! What can go wrong?"

Mario walked downstairs and onto the sun image. He knew it had to mean something. He tried running around in circles, ground pounding on it, and even tried looking at the symbol for a hint, but nothing.

"Come on!" he said frustrated, "This has gotta mean something!"

Mario then looked up, and to his surprised. He started to see himself fading.

"Huh?! Wha!"

"MARIO!" cried his friends.

They tried to grab him before he disappeared, but it was too late.

"NOOOOOOOOOO! MARIO!" cried Luigi, as he also looked into the light.

"No, don't!" cried Twilight.

But it was too late. Luigi began to fade away as well. One by one, the heroes looked up into the light and faded away. Yoshi was the last to disappear.

Mario opened his eyes to see nothing but sky as far as the eye can see.

"Am I dead?" he wondered.

He looked up and to his surprise. He had wings on his cap.

"I'm... flying. I'M FLYING!"

"Mario!" called out a group of five.

Mario looked to his left and saw Luigi, Yoshi, and Mulan also had wings. To his right, he saw Elsa had wings too. Twilight already had wings, but she was still glad to be flying with her friends.

"Guys!" he called out, "Let's a fly!"

The heroes had fun flying  around the Tower of the Wing Cap. Almost forgetting about their mission. However, they failed to noticed their wings about to disappear, minus Twilight. They disappeared, as Luigi, Yoshi, Mulan, and Elsa fell out of the sky. Meanwhile Mario fell onto a switch on top of a tower, Twilight flew down to him.

"Are you serious?!" he said annoyed, "This thing have a time limit?!"

"Apparently," said Twilight.

"Well, you're lucky, Twilight. You have permanent wings."

"True, by the way, where are the others?"

The duo jumped off the tower when they saw their friends falling. They landed back into the castle.

"Now that was fun!" he declared, as he dusted himself off, "Now back to adventure!"

"Agreed!"

******************************************

End of chapter!

Fun fact: When I was younger, I thought Daisy was actually Peach's sister. So in some ways I'm brining it to life.

Plus, for Peach and Daisy being sisters, and the crossover characters' worlds being connected, is something called a headcannon. Basically, it's how I view the Mario and crossover series lore. Whether Nintendo or any other company views it or not.

Anyway, I'm starting to get tired of saying the same thing at the end of every chapter. But please read and give feedback, I'd love to hear what you think.

Until then, see ya!