Watch for Rolling Rocks and Swimming Beast in the Cavern

Mario and Co. came back to the castle basement and walked over to the door next to the one they went in before. Inside was a large room with a hole in the middle which appeared to be a swirling vortex.

"Well," said Mario, "Let's jump in!"

"What?! Mario!" said Luigi, "How do you even know it's safe?!"

"Well, it probably leads to the next area!" Mario protested, "So I'm going."

"I think, I'll pass," said Luigi "I gotta..."

"Oh quit being such a coward!" said Yoshi as he grabs Luigi by the arm.

The hexad landed in a dim and dark cave. In front of them was a sign saying "Welcome to Hazy Maze Cave!". There was even a map on the wall and a little frog toy in a knight's armor on the ground.

"Oh great!" Mulan said realizing where they landed. "This place is so big we need a map for it!"

"This might take a while to find the star." Elsa added.

"Hey," said Yoshi, "What's that?"

He pointed to the toy frog and picked it up and inspected it.

"This looks like a toy." he said to himself "But how did it get here?"

At that moment a Swooper came down and snatched the toy. The heroes tried to catch it, but the Swooper got away. It fleed into a small hole to the left.

"Come back here with Busby, you batty bat!" shouted a voice. At the same moment, the hexad turned to see a west highland terrier puppy in a black jumpsuit with purple neon lining. She wasn't looking where she was going and bumped into Mario.

"You there!" she shouted, "Has a bat carrying a little frog fly by here?"

"You mean the Swooper?" asked Mario, "Then yes, it flew to the left."

"Ugh!" she groaned, "It got away again!"

The west highland terrier pup began to go left. But she stopped and turned back to the heroes.

"Hold on." she said, "How do I know you're not working for that giant lizard?"

"Wait, you've encountered Bowser?!" said Luigi, surprised.

"No," she said, "But Princess Scarlet of Barkingburg sent me to the Mushroom Kingdom to investigate an incident at the castle. She's also friends with Princess Peach."

"But how did you know about all of this?" asked Yoshi, with a suspicious look.

"I'm the princess's royal pup, Sweetie," she introduced, "Word spreads from kingdom to kingdom fast."

"Well if we're both after the same thing," said Mario "then how about you join us?"

"Interesting," said Sweetie, "but if that's going to happen, we need to get Busby from that bat."

"Alright." said Mario, "By the way, I'm Mario, and this is my bro Luigi, and our friends Yoshi, Mulan, Twilight, and Elsa."

So Mario and Co. had made a rather unlikely ally. With Sweetie in tow, the heroes took the left path. Elsa created an ice bridge for everyone to walk across. In the next room, they saw the same Swooper carrying Busby, Sweetie's toy frog. The bat was shocked to see them and started flying again.

The septet gave chase to the Swooper, following it to an upper part of the cave. Elsa blasted the bat with some ice magic and it fell down releasing Busby.

"Busby!" Sweetie cried in joy, "I'm never letting you go again."

But before she could thank them. A giant rolling rock was heading straight towards them! Twilight, thinking quickly blasts the boulder to smithereens. Among the gravel, was another Power Star. Twilight walks up and grabs it.

"So that's a Power Star?" Sweetie asked curiously.

"Yep," said Mario "We need to gather them in order to free the people from the castle's walls."

"We're also doing this before Bowser gets the idea of attacking our homelands." Elsa added.

"Well then," said Sweetie, "this is more serious than I thought. I shall be sticking with you guys until this is all over."

"Sure." said Mario.

"You seriously alright with this?" asked Luigi, "There's just something I don't trust about her."

"I know you don't trust her Luigi. But we'll need all the help we can get. Besides, I think she can help us."

"Ok..." said Luigi "if you say so."

After the rock slope, they went through another door. Inside was another map on the wall and an elevator.

"Look," said Yoshi "another map!"

"Down the Underground Lake." said Mulan, "That must be where the next star is."

"You mean we have to down a lake?" said Sweetie disgusted, "Unless there are floating rocks, I'm not swimming."

"Well, you can ride on me then." said Yoshi, "I promise I'll be very careful."

Mario helped Sweetie climb onto Yoshi as she carried Busby in her mouth. The septet went down the elevator. Where it was even darker and more humid. Fortunately, Sweetie chewed Busby, and his eyes created a flashlight. They trekked towards the lake and they saw a new species. It was a huge swimming beast with fins, a Yosji-like face, and oddly a pair of goggles.

"W-What is that?!" Luigi shuddered.

"I'm not sure." said Twilight "Doesn't look like anything in Equestria."

"Oh, that's a Dorrie." said Yoshi "They're harmless."

"You know these things, Yoshi?" asked Mario.

"Yeah. Dorries are believed to be related to us Yoshis since they have similar traits to us, like their white bellies and similarly shaped heads. We also have a mutual relationship. They take us places and we feed them."

"Do you think you can ask it to take us where the star is?" asked Mulan.

"Sure. Um... excuse me? Mr. Dorrie" he called.

The Dorrie heard Yoshi's calls and swam over to him and the others.

"Hi! My name's Yoshi, and these are my friends Mulan, Twilight Sparkle, Elsa, Sweetie, Mario, and Lu... -igi! Luigi!"

"Finally!"

"We were wondering. Have you seen a shiny star somewhere? We need it to save our friends."

"AAAAOOOOOOOOOOOO!" cried the Dorrie, as it bent it's head over.

"That's him saying "hop on!"."

The seven hopped on the dorrie's back and it swam to an island in the center of the Underground Lake. On the island was another Power Star. Yoshi grabs it as the Dorrie notions him to hop back on. It then swam over to a platform with a door.

"I guess this is our stop." said Yoshi, as he turned back to the dorrie, "Thanks for your help! Have a melon!"

Yoshi gave the melon to the dorrie who happily ate it and waved at them. Mario and Co. walked through the door. In the room was another vortex.

"Another one?" said Elsa, "Where's it gonna take us this time?"

"Only one way to find out!" said Mario as he jumped in the portal.

The rest followed in after him.

***************************************

End of chapter!

Now Sweetie from PAW patrol has now joined the party! She is also the last crossover person they'll meet in this adventure.

Please read, and if possible, comment. I'd really like to hear your thoughts on the story.