Sweetie's Decision

The seven came out of the portal from Shifting Sand Land. They've just about cleared the basement.

"Now we've got enough stars for Bowser's next hideout!" said Mario, "Let's a go!"

"But..." said Luigi "are you still coming, Sweetie?"

"I should probably head back to Barkingburg." she sighed. "You're always welcome to visit me. I'm going to miss you guys."

"You too, Sweetie." said Luigi.

The heroes gathered around Sweetie for a group hug.

"It was an honor to be meeting you." said Mulan.

"You were fun to hang around." said Elsa.

"I know you can patch things up." said Twilight.

"You've become a new pup," said Yoshi, "that's good."

"We'll make sure to tell her how you helped us when we meet her." said Mario.

"No matter what anyone says," said Luigi as he tears up, "You'll always be a princess to us."

Sweetie waved goodbye as she slowly walks up the stairs. As she does, she could hear Mario break the seal of the door. But as he does they heard Bowser's cackling, knowing he's got tricks up his sleeve.

As Sweetie heard the cackling, a thought struck her. Bowser still holds the power of the Stars, and he could possibly be attacking other kingdoms and towns, including Barkingburg and Adventure Bay! As much as she wanted to go home and apologize to Princess Scarlet and the PAW Patrol, there was something that needed to be done first. She runs back to the hexad, just as they were about to enter the door.

"Sweetie!" said Yoshi shocked, "Why are you back?"

"I had to come back," she said. "Look, Scarlet may not have sent me to the Mushroom Kingdom, but I know you guys are going to need my help for real."

"You're sticking with us?!" said Mario, "But what about Barkingburg?"

"Mario," she said stopping him, "you said Bowser stole the castle's main source, the Power Stars. And as long as he still holds that power, he could do an attack on any of our hometowns! The girls might not make it back to any of their homes, and I might to be able to apologize to Scarlet and the PAW Patrol! We have to finish this... together. Are we in this together or not?"

The heroes turned back and then nodded in agreement.

"Then I say," said Mario "welcome back to the team!"

"Then let's go kick Bowser's tail!" she said as she laughed and snorted after.

The septet went back to the door Mario broke the seal on as they entered, ready for the oncoming trials.

***********************************

End of chapter!

Sorry about the cliffhanger again, I wanted to finish Sweetie's part of the story with her development. She'll still get speaking parts.

See ya next time!