Blast Away the Wall and Chip off Whomp's Block

"Where to next?" asked Mario.

"Mulan and I found two stars," said Yoshi "so our choices may be limited."

"You know, there's another door with a number 1 on the first floor." mentioned Mulan "Let's check that room out."

"Good idea, Mulan."

The trio walked over to the door and took out their star. Upon opening the door, they saw another painting. This one was a floating sky fortress.

"Oh... another one of those paintings." said Mario, "Like the one, I went through when I was captured."

"Hey, you have us now, Mario." said Yoshi "We're all in this together."

"Yeah, you're right. Let's a go!"

The trio jumps in the painting, ready for the upcoming trials.

The heroes laned in an area next to a patch of flowers, much to their surprise.

"This place seems just as peaceful as Bob-omb Battlefield." said Mulan.

"This looks like one of Bowser's old fortress's," said Mario "we'd best be careful here."

They worked together to get up the higher slope. Mario showed Mulan how to somersault, and they continued.

After crossing a small water area, they soon found a dead end. As they turned back, Yoshi noticed something off about the walls near the water. One of them had an edge chipped off, while the other didn't. But what got him curious, was he saw sparkling on the non-chipped wall.

"Hey guys." said Yoshi, calling Mario and Mulan over, "I think I found a star."

"That's great!" said Mario "Where?"

Yoshi points up to the sparkling edge in the wall. The only problem was how to get it. The trio was puzzled with this one.

"Hey! Over here!" shouted a voice, startling the heroes. They turned and to Yoshi and Mulan's surprise, once again. It was another Bob-omb Buddy.

"Is this gonna be a regular thing for you Bob-omb Buddies?" asked Mulan annoyed.

"Sorry." the Bob-omb Buddy apologized, "The others back in Bob-omb Battlefield told me about you two, defeating King Bob-omb. As a way of saying thanks, we installed canons you can use. Just hop in and blast away, makes going from place to place easier."

"And I think that's what we need right now." said Yoshi.

Yoshi thanks the Bob-omb Buddy and jumps in the canon and fired at the wall revealing a Power Star.

"Wow! Good thinking, Yoshi!" said Mario.

Yoshi grabs the Power Star, and the trio continues up the ramp. On the other side, they could see Thwomps pounding up and down. Then they ran into a sleeping Piranha Plant.

"Don't wake it up!" whispered Mario, "Let's sneak past it and move on."

Mario and Yoshi made it through with ease. They felt so scared they have hallucinated their footsteps being loud noises. What made it feel like ten minutes, was actually thirty seconds. Mulan tried to sneak past the sleeping Piranha Plant. But unfortunately, the Piranha Plant woke up and saw Mulan. In a panic, Mulan pulled out her sword and sliced the Piranha Plant's head off, shocking Mario.

"What?" she said, "I panicked."

Yoshi and Mulan began to run across a bridge, unaware that it was collapsing, leaving behind Mario.

"Come on, Mario!" said Mulan, but got no response, "Mario?"

"Over here!" he called out on the other side.