An Invitation from the Princess

Welcome to my first Mario fanfiction! I have a lot planned, I got inspired by mariobroultimate on Fanfiction, to make this story. Be sure to check him out! I've got a lot planned for the 3d Mario series as well as the Mario and Luigi series, but first I'll start off with one of my first ds/3ds games, Super Mario 64 DS. Won't be exactly like the game nor like mariobroultimate's version, to avoid copying him, most of my Mario stories will be crossovers, starting with this one. Enjoy!

Once upon a time, there was a beautiful land known as the Mushroom Kingdom. Known for its many strange creatures and beautiful landmarks. It was a world of peace and quiet (at least when it wasn't attacked). It was also home to the kingdom's greatest heroes.

Our story begins at Mario's pad. The home of the Mushroom Kingdom's two greatest heroes, Mario and Luigi. These two brothers protected the kingdom from the evil clutches of Bowser, the ruler of the Koopa Kingdom.

 Mario was a short man with a red shirt, blues overalls with gloves and brown shoes. He wore a red cap on his head that had his initial M and below it was a head of brow hair. he also had blue eyes a big round nose, and a mustache with six lumps upside down.

Luigi on the other hand was Mario's slightly younger twin bro and he looked pretty similar to his bro, except he was slightly taller and thinner, wore green and his overalls were a darker shade of blue. His cap had an L instead of an M, and his mustache had two big lumps instead of six smaller ones.

Today, both bros were thinking about their latest adventure in Dinosaur Island over 5 months ago. Bowser followed them and kidnaped Princess Peach in attempt to ruin their vacation. Along the way, they met Yoshi, who's clan was captured by Bowser's seven children and trapped in eggs. luckily Mario and Luigi saved the Yoshi clan and the princess and returned to their vacation. Although Mario got most of the credit, much to Luigi's annoyance. He wished he had his time to shine. bowser hasn't attacked since, and the Bros. were thinking about their next possible grand adventure. Hopefully, they can actually meet new friends along the way.

"Gee, it sure is peaceful today ain't it bro?" said Luigi with a yawn over some tea.

"Well peace is what heroes strive for, bro." Mario replied.

"I know, it's just been awhile since our last adventure, and I've been wanting to find some new friends if we do go on one."

"I get you." Mario sighed. "But we did meet Yoshi and he helped us out. And it would be nice for us to have our own friend group."

While the Bros. enjoyed protecting the Mushroom Kindgom from Bowser, they also dreamed of seeing other places outside the kingdom. They've always had a sense of adventure, which came from their father, as well as wanting to find and make new friends. As their mother would say, friends and family are true strength. But their thoughts were interrupted when they heard the doorbell ring. 

"I wonder who that could be?" Luigi thought as head towards the door.

Luigi opened the door and finds a paratroopa in a mailman's outfit. His name was Parakarry.

"Letter for Mario Mario." he said, as he handed the letter to Luigi.

"Thank you." Luigi replied. "See you around."

Parakarry didn't catch the last part, as he already flew away. Luigi felt as he was once again treated as Player 2, while Mario was Player 1 and it hurt. He went back inside.

"Who was it?" asked Mario.

"A letter for you." Luigi hands the letter to Mario.

Mario opens the letter as reads aloud.

"Dear Mario,

Please come to the castle.

I baked a cake for you.

Yours truly, Princess Toadstool

Peach"

"Wow!" said Mario. "I've never been to the castle before. This'll be great! See you later bro!"

Sadly, Luigi replied, "Ok,... I'll be in my room." He walks away as if his own bro was pushing him aside.

Mario felt bad about seeing his bro like this. He also felt very selfish because Luigi did just as much of the work as he did, while Mario gets most of the credit.

"Luigi, wait!" Mario said, running back to his brother. "I shouldn't have been a jerk taking the credit from you. I'd say you deserve cake as well. Come along bro.

"For what?" said Luigi. "Just so you can take all the credit of Bowser attacks again? Nice try."

"I'm serious, bro." said Mario, putting his hand on Luigi's shoulder. "And I promise you, next time we save the princess together, I'll tell her I couldn't have done it without you."

"You promise?"

"Pinky promise."

"Yahoo!" Luigi shouted with excitement. "We're going to the castle! I can't wait!"

"Let's a go!" Mario exclaimed as he leaded the way.

The two bros left their house, unaware of what lies ahead of them.

**************************

End of chapter!

I hope you enjoy the traditional format I'm writing in. To be honest, the previous format I wrote in, got crowded, and some parts wouldn't make much sense.

vote,comment,share,ask questions

See ya next time!