Top o' the Town and Quick Race through Downtown

The octet came out of the invisible painting of Snowman's Land and walked out of the mirror room.

"Well, that was a weird experience," said Mario.

"So... where next?" asked Wario, "I don't have all day."

"Well, there are a lot of paintings of worlds we already have seen," said Yoshi.

"They might not be real portals," added Mulan.

"How about that one?" said Twilight, pointing to a painting showing a huge water strider with a water background.

"I'm not going in there!" said Luigi.

"Luigi," said Sweetie, "You're a grown-up now. You can handle a spider, plus you have us."

"Ok."

Sweetie and Luigi jumped in first, the rest followed in and jumped in the middle. Upon landing, they found themselves on a plank floating in a half-flooded abandoned uptown. This was known as Wet-Dry World.

"What is this place?" wondered Elsa aloud.

"I don't know," said Mario, "This must be a town that was abandoned due to a flood. And this is what remains of it."

"Looks like there are two ways," said Twilight, "We could look up the debris or check down that hole, we may have to swim down."

"We should probably split up then," Mario suggested, " Me, Wario, Mulan, and Sweetie will check up top. And the rest of you will check underground."

They nodded and went their separate ways. While Luigi, Yoshi, Elsa, and Twilight found the hole leading underground, it was behind fencing. Unfortunately, there was no Vanish Cap nearby, so Twilight, decided the only way was to teleport them inside. To her relief, they teleported inside the cage, and they began swimming down.

Meanwhile, Mario and the others were brainstorming on where the star could be up top. Until Mulan spotted something high in the sky. It was the Power Star!

"Guys I found the star!" she said, "But it's so high up."

"And just how do we get up there?" asked Wario.

"Maybe there's a way to raise the water," suggested Mario, "I think there's a switch up there. One of us should go up there, while the other three wait down here."

"I got this one," said Mulan, "Haven't had any action lately."

"You step aside, girl," said Wario, "Let the strongmen handle this!"

"Hey," retorted Mulan, "I may be a woman. But that doesn't mean I'm useless! I can triple jump my way up there, and find the switch. I'll show you!"

Mulan jumps to a spiral platform and runs up the building.

"You go Mulan!" cheered Sweetie.

Mulan then performed a triple jump and was able to cling to the ledge of the platform. She also had to avoid mechanical enemies known as a Heave-Ho.

"Show off," said Wario.

"Well you're one to talk," muttered Mario.

As Mulan makes it to the top, she spots a switch down a slope. Carefully making her way down, she activates the switch, allowing water to rise.

"Great job, Mulan!" said Mario.

"Thank you, Mario," she replied.

"I'll admit it," said Wario, "That was impressive."

The heroes went on a plank and tried to balance themselves. But it wobbled and turned on its side. Luckily, Mario and Co. held on tight.

"Would it kill you to go on a diet, Wario?" groaned Mario.

"Says the guy who is obsessed with pasta!" retorted Wario.

"At least I'm in shape!"

"Stop it both of you!" said Sweetie a little more annoyed.

"Sweetie's right," said Mulan, "The star is up ahead."

They inched across the imbalanced plank, dodging floating amps because one volt of electricity is game over. They made it across and claimed the star up ahead.

Meanwhile, Luigi, Yoshi, Elsa, and Twilight discovered a town at the end of the underground way.

"This must be the abandoned downtown part," said Twilight, "There has to be a switch somewhere."

Luigi spotted a switch and activated it. Sure enough, the water sank to the bottom and they could finally breathe.

"Good thinking, Luigi," said Yoshi, "Now we can search for the star."

The quartet searched downtown until Elsa saw the star behind the fence.

"Guys," she said "I found the star. But it's behind the fence."

"There might be a Vanish Cap down here," said Luigi.

"Actually," said Yoshi "I found one. But it's on the other side of the town. Since yoshis are known for being fast, I'll handle this one."

Yoshi ran to the Vanish Cap block, hit it below, and quickly ran to the fence. He jumped through just as the cap's timer ran out. He then proceeded to flutter jump and grabbed the star.

"Yahoo!"

***********************************

End of chapter!