Cruiser Crossing the Rainbow and The Big House in the Sky

Just one more area and two more stars before the final battle!

Here we go!

As usual, the octet exited the grandfather clock.

"Hey, guys!" called a voice.

The eight turned around to see Toad once again.

"Toad!"

"You guys are doing great!" he said, congratulating them, "Just two more stars, and you'll be able to get to Bowser's final hideout and free us all!"

"Wow!" exclaimed Mulan.

"To think how far we've come," said Twilight.

"Does feel sad this journey's coming to an end," admitted Yoshi.

"But we have to finish it," said Wario. "Wario style!"

"I can already imagine how happy Peach will be to see you again!" said Toad.

"Yeah," said Mario, blushing, "I know she will."

"Oooh!" teased Luigi, "Is that a blush I spy?"

"What?!" said Mario, embarrassed, "NO!"

"If it makes you feel any better, Mario," said Sweetie "I'm in love with one of the PAW Patrol's recycling pup, Rocky."

"Now's not the time!"

"Mario has a point," said Elsa, "We gotta find the last area, fast."

"Try checking that light-filled hole up there!" Toad suggested, "I think it could be there,"

Just then Toad started to fade away again.

"Not again!" he cried, "I believe in you guys! Good Luck!"

And just like that, Toad fades back into the wall.

The octet jumps into the hole Toad mentioned.

The heroes were a first blinded by the light since they were just in a dark room. But as soon as they could see, they were amazed. They were in very high up in the sky with floating buildings seen in the distance. This place was called Rainbow Ride.

"Are we... in Heaven?" wondered Sweetie.

"Pretty peaceful for the final world before Bowser," said Yoshi.

"But yet, this could be our hardest challenge yet," said Mulan.

"So... where should we go?" asked Wario.

Mario looked and saw something he'd previously seen only in fairytales. It was a floating carpet connected to a rainbow path.

"A magic carpet," he said.

"Arabian Nights?" said Luigi

"Maybe this carpet can takes us to the last two stars," said Twilight.

Mario jumps on the carpet, followed by Twilight Sparkle.

"Is it safe for all of us?" asked Elsa.

"I'm sure it is," Mario assured the group, "Do you trust me?"

Yoshi, Mulan, Elsa, Sweetie, and Wario jumped on the carpet. Luigi hesitated for a moment, but then jumped on. The magic carpet was able to hold all that weight and took off. (Moves faster in the original game.) Eventually, the carpet couldn't hold them anymore and disappeared, the heroes landed on some floating platforms. After some parkouring, they found and split path with two carpets. The one on the right leads to an airship, at the end of one was the star. The other lead to a big house.

"Two paths," said Mario, "Let's split up. Yoshi, Wario, Mulan, and Sweetie, you get the airship star. The rest of us will get the one at the house."

They nodded and split up one last time. Yoshi and his group had some trouble with some obstacles on their carpet. When they landed on the airship, they could immediately feel a massive wind.

"Woah!" said Mulan, "Sure is windy here."

"Get behind you guys!" said Wario, "I got an idea!"

They rallied behind Wario and to their surprise, Wario wasn't affected by the strong winds. Sure enough, Wario claimed the star.

Meanwhile, Mario, Luigi, Twilight, and Elsa flew through the big house, they dodged hazards as they enjoyed their ride.

"This is incredible!" said Mario.

"If only Peach were here." he thought, "I could show her A Whole New World."

The carpet flew to the rooftop and Mario claimed their final star.

***********************************

End of chapter!