Get a Hand and Stomp on the Thwomp

As usual, the octet came out of the painting.

"That was... interesting," said Twilight.

"Agreed," said Mario, "There probably aren't any more paintings here so, let's a go upstairs."

The gang walked upstairs and unlocked the door with the power of the stars. They walked up a spiral of stairs to the final floor. It was dark and ominous compared to any of the other floors, including the basement. Bowser's faces were seen plastered all over the wall with red glowing eyes. The room was pretty big but was mostly empty besides the grandfather clock, openings on both ends, and the final star door next to a couple of photos of Peach. Mario took a torch and lit it up to see better.

"Hey guys!" he called "This must lead to Bowser's hideout!"

They went through the door and started walking up a very long set of stairs. But they started walking for a VERY long time and eventually got tired. They couldn't even see the top.

"How... much... farther?" panted Wario.

"Here's a better question," said Sweetie "How far have we GOTTEN?!"

The second they turned around they saw they barely made ten steps. They all collapsed in frustration.

"You idiots!" taunted Bowser offscreen, "Did you really think that would be easy? You'll need more stars to solve this 'endless' stairs!"

"What?!" said Mulan and Elsa in unison.

"You gotta be kidding me!" yelled Sweetie.

"What other areas have we missed?" wondered Yoshi.

"We've been here for NOTHING?!" Wario complained.

"We'll just have to find more paintings," said Luigi.

"How?!" said Mario "I couldn't see a single painting on this floor."

"C'mon Mario!" said Twilight, "Yoshi was able to find Shifting Sand Land through a brick wall. And you found Snowman's Land through a mirror room. There has to be something hidden in this room."

"I guess," said Mario, "But it won't be easy because of how dark it is up here. We gotta use our senses, everybody! No time to waste!"

Mario and Co. got right away to find a hidden area. They tried feeling the walls, listening for strange sounds, Yoshi even tried tasting it much to the other's disgust. Then Twilight remembered the grandfather clock.

"Hey guys," she said, "What about the clock?"

"Not a bad idea," said Elsa, "Let's try it."

They all jumped up and surprisingly, the clock's face was a portal, so they entered it.

The heroes landed inside the clock, which was known as Tick Tock Clock. It was a bit foggy in there, but they could see perfectly fine.

"This day just keeps on getting weirder," said Wario.

"This feels like I'm in the Big Benjamin," said Sweetie, reminded of Barkingburg.

"We don't even have these gadgets and gizmos back on Yoshi's Island. We use the sun to tell time," said Yoshi.

"I think I can see two stars through the fog up here," said Mulan.

"Then lets's a go!" said Mario.

They traveled up the ginormous clock. Halfway up, they saw one of the two stars, but it was all the way across the chasm. Twilight noticed the giant clock hand moving around. She jumped on the hand and rode it to the star, and then rode it back. Normally she would've used her wings, but she wanted to stick with her friends.

They then traversed through swinging pendulums, rotating blocks, spinning platforms, and more as they made a long trek to the top of the tower. They had to stand on the minute hand to wait a while before making it to the top of a thwomp where they claimed their second star.

**********************************************

End of chapter!