King Bob-omb on the Summit and Behind Chomp's Gate

Before we get started, I decided for each course, I'll do two stars per course, that way some chapters won't be as short. With that out of the way, here we go!

Yoshi and Mulan fell headfirst into the world inside the painting. After digging themselves out, they looked around where they landed.

"Where are we?" wondered Yoshi.

"For a world of evil, this place is more peaceful." said Mulan.

"Look out!" cried a voice, as it pushed Yoshi and Mulan out of the way, just as a water bomb fell and exploded.

"Was that a water bomb?" the duo thought, as they turned to see who shoved them out of the way in time. They turned around a saw a pink walking bomb, who lacked a fuse.

"You two need to be careful around here." he said, "My name's Bob-omb Buddy." he introduced, "We are currently in a war with the black bob-ombs on the other end, and they have us pinned down."

"Say, have you seen any Power Stars around?" asked Mulan "We need them to save our friends."

"Now, that you mentioned it. I did remember one of our scouts claiming he saw King Bob-omb hold something similar, earlier." said the bob-omb buddy, "If you're going for the top of the mountain, I must warn you to be careful. Some red guy with a mustache wouldn't listen and went up the mountain. He hasn't returned since hope he's ok."

"Mario!" cried Yoshi, "He's here! We gotta save him!"

"Friend of yours? Ok then, when you two cross the two bridges you'll be in black bob-omb's territory. Watch out for that chain chomp guarding the second bridge, up ahead." he said "If you guys can defeat King Bob-omb at the summit. You'll put an end to this war."

"Ok, thanks." said Mulan "We'll get rid of him quickly."

The duo heads off to stop King Bob-omb and went up the first bridge. While Yoshi ignores a few goombas, Mulan jumped and did some combat on them, leaving the dino impressed. They observed some bob-omb buddies firing cannons on the other side. Mulan wonders what even started this war in the first place. Either Bowser or King Bob-omb, probably both. But what mattered now was that they put an end to this as soon as possible.

Yoshi and Mulan turn the corner and see a large black ball with eyes and teeth on a chain that appeared to be acting like a dog.

"What the heck is that thing?!" said Yoshi, "I don't remember there being theses things on Dinosaur Island."

"I think that was the chain chomp the bob-omb buddy warned us about." said Mulan.

Yoshi hurried past the chain chomp just as it lunged, scaring the dino. But Mulan stopped, something was wrong with the chomp, and she wanted to help out.

"Mulan!" Yoshi cried, "What're you doing?! Let's go!"

But Mulan didn't listen, she kept inching closer to the chain chomp, freaking Yoshi out. The chomp lunged closer faster than before, but Mulan got out of the way quickly. By this point, Mulan realizes that the chomp is trying to get help, as she saw the peg on its chain.

"This chomp needs our help." said Mulan. "What?!" said Yoshi, not wanting to get near the chain chomp. But before he could answer, he heard the chomp whimpering. "You're right, Mulan." admits Yoshi "And I think I know how we can help."

Yoshi got around the chain chomp and climbed up its peg and began to ground pound the peg. To the duo's surprise, the chomp was barking and it sounded, joyful. Yoshi pounded the peg two more times and the chomp was free. The chomp bounced around and broke open the cage on the mountainside, before leaving, he gave Yoshi and Mulan a big kiss as his way of saying thanks.

Behind the broken bars, Yoshi and Mulan are surprised to see what was behind them, a Power Star!

"So there are more Power Stars around here?" said Yoshi "I have a feeling we might find at least two in every area if there's more than one painting."

"We better hang on to this one and keep going to stop this war." said Mulan, pointing towards the second bridge.

Mulan puts the Power Star away and followed Yoshi across the next bridge. They were now in enemy territory, King Bob-omb saw them not only trespassing but also freed and tamed his chain chomp.

"Intruder Alert!" shouted the king "All reinforcements attack!"

Mulan and Yoshi dodged bob-ombs left and right until they quickly ran towards an open cage where they avoided rolling iron balls. As they scaled the mountain, more iron balls were rolling down towards them. They ended up getting hit a few times. Yoshi and Mulan finally made it to the top.

"Phew," said Mulan with relief, "We made it."

"Yeah." said Yoshi "Let's grab that Power Star from him and get out of here!"

Mulan and Yoshi saw King Bob-omb turn his head around to reveal that he was a huge bob-omb with a golden crown and a huge white mustache, that put Mario's to shame.

"I am King Bob-omb, baron of all blasting matter, king of ka-booms the world over!" he said, introducing himself, "Incredible! You two manage to come this far! Even to tame my chain chomp and without a mustache!"

"Uhhh, thanks?" said Mulan.

"Therefore I commend your courage." he continued "Be as it may, I can't just give you my precious power star."

"I knew it!" said Yoshi "Just fight us already!"

"You must defeat me in battle if you want it!" said the king, "But you'll be quite helpless facing my bob-omb minions. Now you, lady! Put your sword away, this a hands combat battle! And you, dino! Put your tongue back in your mouth. It's rather undignified. Let's battle!"

King Bob-omb threw a bob-omb at the duo. But Yoshi was smarter than that and ate it. Yoshi then spat it out back at the king making him bounce all over the place.

The king got angry, he tried to do the same thing again. This time, Mulan picks up the bob-omb and throws it at him making him bounce around again.

"Ow! That hurt!" he cried, "How did I lose to a lady and a bald-faced fellow like you two?"

"I guess you're one of those people who uses brawn over brains!" said Mulan.

"Let's just keep this between us." he said, "I'll give you my power star in exchange."

The king exploded leaving behind his power star. Yoshi grabbed as they exited the painting.

********************************

End of chapter!

Also, I'll only be doing the important one. Mainly the boss ones and the stars I find the most interesting. Again, I don't want the story to be too long.

vote,comment,share,ask questions

See ya next time!