Vanish Cap Under the Moat

Mario and Co. walked downstairs and unlocked the door. When they got down, they saw that it appeared to be a passage leading somewhere.

"This must be the way." Mario pointed out. "Let's a go!"

"A-are you sure M-Mario?" asked Luigi, "It looks kinda dark."

"Bro, you're 24 years old. You can handle it."

"O-ok."

They walked down the passage and opened the door at the end. It was dark, but luckily, there were torches around the hall.

"P-Peach has a d-d-dungeon?" said Luigi, sticking close to the group.

"Maybe Bowser built this." said Yoshi, "It's kind of his style, right?"

"No, this is Peach's alright." said Mario, "Every castle has to have a dungeon. For holding criminals captive. But I guess there aren't any here since Bowser's taken over."

"Well, I certainly won't be surprised if he recruited them to his cause." Twilight added.

The rest nodded in agreement, as they treaded through puddles of water.

"Eww." said Mulan in disgust, "Where did all this water come from?"

"Look!" Mario pointed towards a wooden door and opened it.

In the room was a pool that seemed to lead somewhere. They jumped in and swam a short distance which leads to another room. In the room were two pillars sticking out.

"What are we supposed to do here?" wondered Elsa.

"Well the sign says "It is decreed that one shall pound the pillars."." said Mario. "I guess that means we'll just ground pound."

Mario jumped onto one pillar and Luigi jumped onto the other. After they ground pounded the pillars, they heard a short jingle and the water in the room drained.

"That's it?" said Luigi, "No secret area?"

"But we can go through that door now." said Mulan.

They went through the door, and it took them back outside. They looked around and saw the pond near the castle, soon they realized their shock, that the castle moat is all dried up.

"D-did we just drained the moat?!" said Twilight surprised.

"Are we gonna get in trouble for this?" asked Yoshi.

"Hey look on the bright side, guys." said Mario, "We might've uncovered a secret. Maybe we should investigate."

"Good idea." said Yoshi "Otherwise, this was just a waste of time."

They walked in the emptied moat under the bridge. But Twilight wasn't looking and fell down a hole.

"WHHHOOOAAAA!"

"TWILIGHT!" the others cried.

"Is this gonna be a regular thing?!" said Luigi.

Mario and Yoshi jumped in first, followed by Elsa and Mulan. Luigi was the last to jump, as he hesitated at first.

Mario and Co. landed in a very large room which started with a huge slope with platforms sticking out of it.

"Guys!" called Twilight from down below, "Down here!"

"Hang on, Twilight." said Mario "We'll meet you down there."

The heroes made their way down the slide. But when they met up with Twilight, they were in shock.

"Um, guys?" said Twilight, "Why can I see through you!?"

"You're asking us?!" Luigi replied, "We can see through you too!"

Mario and Co. looked at themselves and noticed they were transparent like ghosts! Mario freaked out for a second but then calmed down when he came to a realization.

"I think this transformation is like the one back at the tower." he said.

"You got a point there." said Yoshi.

"But what does this one even do?" wondered Mulan.

"Only one way to find out."

They continued their way as they dodged fire chomps shooting fireballs at them. After that, they found a short platforming section, if they were to fall off, it would be game over for them. Mario jumped onto a blue switch, thinking it was important. They saw the star, but it was in a cage.

"How are we gonna get in?" asked Elsa.

"I'll try to bust it." said Luigi.

Luigi tried to punch the cage. But to his shock, his fist went THROUGH the cage.

"So that's what it does." said Twilight

They stepped through and snagged the star.

***************************

End of chapter!