Scale the Mountain and Breathtaking View from the Bridge

Mario and Co. exited the painting. They were still a little soaked from the swimming.

"Where next?" asked Mulan, "This adventure is starting to bore me a bit. And I felt lucky to have the spotlight for a bit the last chapter."

"Well the writer does try his best to think of something entertaining for the readers like it was clever with those song parts," said Yoshi, "Plus, you know that 2020 has been stressing him out in his own world right?"

"I know," she replied, "It just feels slow for some reason."

"You guys!" said Mario, annoyed, "You're breaking the fourth wall! Stop it!"

"Why not?!" said Wario "I love breaking things! Especially walls!"

Wario tries to charge up a punch at a wall, but Twilight stops him.

"What you think you're doing?!" she shouted.

"Um... showing off my moves," he responded.

"There are people inside the walls!"

"Before this drags on any further," said Sweetie, "How about we just jump into that painting?"

They looked at where Sweetie was pointing. A painting of a mountain next to a cliff with very tall mushrooms.

"You sure?" said Elsa, "Looks like a long way down."

"I have high jumps," said Luigi "it can't be that bad."

"Alright," said Mario "But one slip and it's game over."

"Less talking more fighting!" said Wario as he jumped into the painting.

The eight land on a cliffside at the base of Tall Tall Mountain. From the base, Twilight could see a faint yellow glitter coming from the top.

"Guys!" she said, "The star is at the top of this mountain!"

"Then there's no time to waste!" said Mario.

As they proceed up the mountain, Luigi looks up nervously, and then down to a seemingly bottomless pit.

"I'm already regretting this," he said scared.

"Come on, bro!" called Mario.

"C-coming!"

The octet first started walking past a waterfall, then jumped across a few gaps. they didn't have to worry about the mushrooms since they could walk around them. Then a group of moles started throwing rocks at the heroes. One even threw a rock at Elsa in the forehead.

"Ow!"

"Elsa!" cried Mario, "Here take these!"

Mario tossed two coins, which healded her to full. Elsa was slightly confused by how the coins worked.

"The coins in this kingdom have special effects of healing," Mario explained, "Yellow heal one, red heal two, and blue heal five."

"Well... thank you, Mario," said Elsa.

"No problem!" he said giving a thumbs up "Now lets-a play some whack a mole!"

Mario and Luigi jumped on two Montey Moles. Yoshi ate one of them with his tongue. Twilight and Elsa blasted two away with their magic. Mulan leg-sweep one off the cliff. And Wario grabbed one and threw it off the cliff.

"That's how you tussle, Wario style!" bragged Wario.

"You don't have to rub it in," Yoshi commented.

Next, they encountered Bob-ombs on a slope, but those were no problem as Elsa defused them with her ice magic before they could blow up. Then a new enemy that resembled a Bob-omb called a Chuckya grabbed Mario.

"Hey!" he shouted, "Put me down!"

The Chuckya throws Mario off a cliff. But Wario caught him in the nick of time.

"You... saved me?" said Mario stunned.

"Nobody messes with you but ME!" said Wario, "That goes for Greenie too!"

Mario and Luigi smiled at this. So did Twilight and Sweetie.

"I guess he does care about me, a little." thought Mario.

"It's about time he showed some respect for me." thought Luigi.

"I knew he would admit it soon." thought Twilight.

"About time he cracked." thought Sweetie.

After Wario helped Mario up, he grabbed the Chuckya and threw him off the cliff.

"Thanks, cuz!" said Mario.

"Don't get used to it," said Wario. Even though he appreciated it on the inside.

The heroes came up to another area with rolling balls similar to Bob-omb Battlefield.

"Here we go again...," said Yoshi and Mulan in unison.

After a few minutes of mountain climbing, they were crossing a stone bridge. But then, Elsa stopped midway, at the center of the waterfall.

"Elsa," said Twilight, "What're you doing?"

Elsa formed an ice bridge and went through the waterfall. She then returned with the group with a star.

"Wow," said Luigi, "Good catch, Elsa!"

"Uh, Mario," said Mulan, "What happened to your cap?"

Mario put his hand on his head and realized it wasn't there. But he quickly saw it carried by a monkey named Ukiki.

"Um... excuse me," said Mario, "Could I have my cap back? It means a lot to me."

"Sure," said Ukiki, "I'll give it back..."

"This feels too easy," said Sweetie, who knows how silly monkeys can be.

"IF YOU CAN CATCH ME FIRST!"

"Stand corrected."

The three plumbers tried to catch the monkey, but he was too fast. The girls tried to catch him with their special abilities, but he just jumped over them. He just kept on taunting them as Yoshi sighed.

"Let me handle this," he said, "Me and Mulan have dealt with something like this before."

Yoshi got close enough to Ukiki and caught him with his tongue.

"AAAAHHH!" he screamed, "Let me out! I was only teasing! Can't you take a joke?!"

"Only if you give me my hat back!" said Mario.

"Alright!" he said freaked out, "Deal's a deal."

Yoshi spits him out and Ukiki gave Mario his hat back. The octet continued their way up the mountain. Sure enough, the star was waiting for them at the very top.

*****************************

End of chapter!