Treasure of the Ocean Cave while the Eel Comes Out to Play

The quartet exit the room, while they did make the most unlikely group, they didn't mind. The heroes pondered in thought where to go next.

"Where next?" asked Twilight, the newest member of the group.

"How about the door on the right?" said Mario, pointing to a door with a number 3 on it. "It looks like we have enough stars."

"Ok."

They opened the door and entered the aquarium.

"Oooooh!" they said unison.

"Peach has an aquarium?" said Mario, "Now I'm interested to see what else she has."

"Look!" said Mulan pointing towards the painting. "There's our next stop."

The four jump in the painting and landed in a foggy area.

Upon entering they could see a vast ocean up ahead. They were now in Jolly Rodger Bay.

"So, where do you guys think the next star is?" asked Yoshi.

"Probably underwater." said Twilight. "Here, I'll create a spell that'll let us temporary breath underwater. It'll even allow us to communicate with each other. But be sure to watch your air supply. If you need to, grab a bubble to gain more air."

"Got it." the rest replied.

The quartet dived into the water. They swam past clams, fish, rocks, and reached a deep area. Near the center of the deep area, they saw a little light.

"What's this light doing here?" Yoshi wondered.

"I don't know," said Mulan "but I feel happy for some reason. Which might be bad here."

"I know." said Mario, "But I wanna touch it."

Mario poked at the little light and it started swimming away.

"Hey." said Twilight, "come back here."

At this point, the quartet started chasing the light unaware of what they'll see.

"I'm gonna get you!"

"I'm gonna swim with you."

"I'm gonna get you."

"I'm gonna be your best friend-"

Their eyes were widened when they see what that light really was. A giant maroon eel, with yellow and black on the gills and sharp pearly whites. It was known as Unagi.

"Good feeling's gone."

The eel snarled its teeth and glowed its entire body. The eel began to emerge from its den and swims towards the heroes!

"Aaaauuugggh!" they screamed as they were being chased by Unagi.

Until Twilight saw some shimmering on its tail. it was the Power Star! Carefully navigating her way, she grabbed the star and rejoined the others as they fled to an underwater cave. They reached the surface that was to be an ocean cave.

"That was close." said Yoshi "Too close."

"Yeah, I'll say." said Mario "I probably won't be able to sleep tonight!"

"Guys, look at what I found!" said Twilight as she held the Power Star up with her magic.

"Wow!" exclaimed Mulan, "Way to go, Twilight!"

"But..." she said, "What is this place?"

The quartet regains their composure, as they discover the ocean cave. Mario sees a sign at the entrance, as he reads.

"Keep out!

That means you!

Arrgghh!

Anyone entering this cave 

without permission will

meet certain disaster."

"There's probably a treasure in here." said Mulan "And it's most likely the Power Star."

They continued through the cave dodging falling rocks and stomping on goombas. They soon came across four treasure chests and another sign. This time Twilight read the sign and reads it aloud.

"Aarrgh! Ahoy matey. I have sunken treasure,

here, I do.

But to pluck the plunder ye must open the chests in the right order.

What order is that ye say?

I'll never tell!

The Cap'n."

"So we have to open the chests in the right order?" said Mario, "Well, there are four chests, so let's pick one and open it."

After a few attempts of being shocked. The quartet finally opened them in the right order and claimed their second Power Star of Jolly Rodger Bay.

*************************

End of chapter!

Fun fact: I was originally going to do one star per course, and the star for Jolly Rodger Bay would be Treasure of the Ocean Cave. But then I changed my mind and decided to do both, which led me to do two stars per course.

vote,comment,share,ask questions

See ya next time!