LXXI

"Brooklyn hold still dammit

"Brooklyn hold still dammit." Bernice gritted as she tried to apply the last touches on Brooklyn's makeup. Brooklyn took a deep breathe and stared straight ahead, staring at the person looking back at her.

Her emotions and thoughts were running wild, they've been running wild since she woke up. Today was the big day, the day where her life changed forever. The day where she would be tying the knot with the love of her life. Every time she thought about it, she had to blink away the tears that threatened to fall.

"Wow." Bernice mumbled as she stepped back to admire her best friend. Brooklyn looked beautiful with the light makeup and low bun she had. Brooklyn gave Bernice a nervous smile, her stomach was doing flips as the time was getting closer.

"What time is it?" She asked, standing up to do a light stretch. It was only her and Bernice in the back room, until she got herself fully together at least. The kids were with Raine and Chris was getting himself together with Trey along with his groomsmen.

"It is....8:30. We have like half an hour so let's get you in this dress chile." Brooklyn's heart rate sped up, once she stepped in her dress she knew the reality would really set in. She looked at Bernice for a second before hesitantly nodding. Bernice gave her a reassuring smile and grabbed the mermaid style dress off of the mannequin.

Brooklyn was already dressed in her white lace bra and panties set, so all they had to do was slip the dress on. Bernice held the dress low as Brooklyn slowly stepped in as they stood directly in front of the full length mirror. Bernice helped her pull the dress up as it fit perfectly. With no other words exchanged, Bernice reached over to grab the fragile Diamond necklace that sat on the dresser where Brooklyn sat before.

"This is beautiful." Brooklyn whispered, touching the slightly heavy gems that rested on her chest. Bernice nodded and grabbed the earring that went with the set. While Brooklyn admired her necklace, Bernice put the long earrings in to top off the look.

The jewelry set was one specifically picked out by Chris

The jewelry set was one specifically picked out by Chris. It wasn't anywhere near cheap either and Brooklyn fell in love as soon as she seen it. It complimented her dress and her makeup perfectly, it was like a missing piece to a puzzle that fit perfectly.