XI

August 24th: 3 weeks 4 days

Omniscient

Ms.Wright stirred her cup of coffee, watching the sugar dissolve as Brooklyn sat across from her just staring. Since the two have been in the office for the past half an hour, Brooklyn has yet to say anything. It wasn't Ms.Wrights place to speak for Brooklyn either, Brooklyn asked to have a session and Ms.Wright was only there to deliver advice.

"Are you going to speak Brooklyn?" The coffee causing a burning sensation to the throat of Ms.Wright as she stared at her client. Brooklyn made eye contact and twisted her lips as she thought of a way to start up their conversation.

"He has someone new." She finally spoke into the silence. This caused Ms.Wrights ears to perk, as she was now curious for what Brooklyn was going to say next.

"...and I don't like that." Brooklyn finished which had Ms.Wright raising an eyebrow as she took another sip of her coffee. She wasn't expecting them to have this type of conversation so early into their therapy sessions.

"So what I'm hearing is that you're being selfish?" Ms.Wright questioned which immediately triggered a defensive Brooklyn. She sat straight in her chair, ready to put up a good protest.

"I'm not selfish, I just feel that it's wrong he's with someone else already. He cheated on me and did me dirty. So I don't think it's fair that he gets to move on while I'm still here confused on how I even feel."

"Stop using that term 'confused' cause your not at all confused. You know that you still love him and you know that you don't want to move on. What you're confused about is why you still love him and why you don't want to move on because he's treated you so terribly. There's nothing wrong with that though, there's nothing wrong with still being in love with someone who hurt you because that's all you know. Explain to me the early stages of you alls relationship." Brooklyn braced herself, not ready to go into that part of their relationship. She knew that in order to get the proper help she needed, she had to reflect on that part of her life and talk about it.

"Well in the beginning, we were just fucking around basically. He had many other girls and I was aware of that. He just treated me better than the others so I would always give into whatever. I was 19 and he was 21 when we met, so pretty young. I never really had the proper guidance to lead me in the right direction, so he was always just fucking me over. That was until he basically dropped everyone after about a year of us messing around and he said he really wanted to be with me. I didn't take him serious until he sat me down and actually told me how he felt. So then we started dating."

"How was the relationship besides the cheating and lying and the other stuff." Brooklyn smiled as she reminisced on their relationship.