LVI

Omniscient

Brooklyn held Micah in her right arm and Malachi in her left arm as she made her way up to Chris's front door

Brooklyn held Micah in her right arm and Malachi in her left arm as she made her way up to Chris's front door. She was going to call him to come get them, but she wanted to be somewhat nice today. Ringing the doorbell, she stood back with her sons. She heard rushing on the other end of the door before it swung open to reveal Chris.

"Wassup." He said to Brooklyn, she gave him a fake smile and brushed past him with the twins still in her arms. Reaching the living room, she placed both of them on the ground, allowing them to lay on their stomachs. They didn't know how to sit up by themselves yet.

"There's like 10 bottles in there in case you gotta keep them for the night. You shouldn't have to but again it's just in case. I'll call you when I'm on my way...bye." Brooklyn turned to leave the house until she felt her arm being grabbed. She sighed and turned around, facing Chris with an annoyed look.

"Can I help you with something?" Chris glanced at the twins drooling all over themselves on the floor before turning back to Brooklyn.

"I started going to therapy." He said with a weak smile. Brooklyn however didn't return it, she crossed her arms and looked at him unamused.

"Would you like a cookie for doing something that you should've done a long time ago? That's cool, can I go now?" Chris dropped his head in defeat.

"Can we please just talk sometime next week or something...please?" Brooklyn raised an eyebrow and rolled her eyes.

"No, that's all you ever want to do. Talk, feed me some more bullshit, I take you back, you do clown shit, and we end up back here. So no we cannot talk and no we will not talk." Chris pulled his lips in his mouth and nodded.

"Okay." He said barely above a whisper. Brooklyn almost felt bad, but before she could sympathize with him she turned and walked out the door without another word. Chris took his hands out his pockets and walked up to the door also, watching as she got in her car and quickly pulled out of his front yard. He closed the door and slowly turned around.

"Ew, look at all that drool." Chris jokingly said, walking up to the twins who laid clueless. Seeing their father come into view, they both cooed and reached up to him.

"Wassup." Chris said, bending down to place kisses on both of their cheeks. He sat on the couch in front of them, turning on the TV to one of those little Disney channel shows. He grabbed Micah, placing him on the right of him on the couch. Reaching down, he did the same with Malachi except putting him on the left.

Chris was about to lean back into the couch until he heard the doorbell ring. Almost instantly Micah began to burst into a fit of tears. Chris scrunched up his face in confusion, he assumed that he was falling asleep and the loud doorbell woke him up. Chris looked over at Malachi who was laid over, sucking his thumb while fast asleep.