LX

"You must be Brooklyn

"You must be Brooklyn." Angela smiled while extending her hand towards Brooklyn. Brooklyn smiled and nodded, standing up out of the waiting room chair to shake the hand extended to her.

"Yes, that's me." Brooklyn softly said. Angela gave her another warm smile before beginning on her way to her office. Brooklyn looked around, grabbing her purse and doing a light skip to catch up to Angela.

"Well hello, I've been working with Chris for a little bit of time now. Diving deep into y'all relationship and bringing certain things to the surface for him to cover and go over. I felt it would be good for you to come in today specifically because I wanted to talk to him about how you two have changed and what having children has done. Also how to move on in the future and move forward with the two of you together-."

"I don't know about the getting together part but I guess." Brooklyn mumbled the last part and Angela lowered her glasses a bit. She made sure to write that down in her notes, just something to keep as a reference.

"Okay that's fine. He is in there though, so after you." Angela said as she opened her office door and gestured for Brooklyn to walk in. Brooklyn took a deep breathe, silently thanking Angela for holding the door and walked in slowly. She carefully watched Chris as he looked back at them. The two locked eyes before Brooklyn turned away, breaking it.

Angela walked ahead of Brooklyn and around her desk, sitting down at her desk. Brooklyn looked at the only open seat which was right next to Chris. The chairs were fairly close also. Brooklyn positioned her purse in front of her before sitting down. She could smell the cologne lingering off of him, nearly causing her to moan.

"Alright so how are the two of you doing?" Brooklyn clasped her hands together and looked to Chris for an answer.

"I've been good, living." Angela nodded and turned to Brooklyn.

"I've been fine." She mumbled. She was already reconsidering being here due to the sudden anxiety she got. Angela pulled out a file from her desk drawer and put on her glasses. She held the file up and read to herself.

"It says here that you found out you aren't the father to the child in question. How does that make the two of you feel. It's been a couple days since the news and your thoughts might not be same as your initial thoughts. So Brooklyn you can start." Brooklyn cleared her throat, she wasn't gonna chew him up just yet, but she had her opinions.

"In the moment I was relieved and happy, but these last couple of days it kind of set in why we were put in that position in the first place. To think he could have possibly had a whole child on me due to his careless actions disgusts me. Cool there's no child, congratulations you gained back the pint sized amount of the probability of us getting back together eventually. That doesn't change the facts." Not even noticing, Brooklyn turned her whole body and faced Chris. He looked dead at her, his eyes showing sympathy and crying out if they could.