LVII

Some days later...

Omniscient

Brooklyn pulled up to her house, it was about 11:00 and pouring rain

Brooklyn pulled up to her house, it was about 11:00 and pouring rain. She was annoyed and frustrated to the point she was tuning out her screaming twins who sat in the back seats. They were almost 4 months now, meaning they were staying up more and much more alert than they were months before.

"We're home, please calm down." Brooklyn groaned as she opened the back door to get them both out the car. She popped both pacifiers in their mouth, only for them to spit them out and start back on their crying. Usually they're back home earlier, but Chris felt the need to go against their agreement today and bring them to Bernice's house extremely late. She didn't know why nor did she feel like questioning it.

Having to raise two babies basically alone was difficult at times. They did get to see their father and spend the night of course, but living in a house alone with them was difficult on the days she had them. As days went on, Brooklyn got used to it but it was still hard. She grabbed both car seats and placed them on the floor of the garage before locking the car. Being that the garage was now closed and connected to the house directly, Brooklyn never had to fear when her back was turned. She quickly unlocked the door and grabbed both babies again.

"What's the issue?" She whined, realizing they weren't going to calm down anytime soon. She placed them on the living room floor and took a seat on the couch. Brooklyn grabbed her phone, about to call Bernice but ended up accidentally pressing on one of the many voicemails Chris had left her in the past days. She rolled her eyes, turning the phone off but paused and turned to her sons. For the split second their father's voice was on, both calmed down and here they were crying again once Brooklyn turned the phone off.

"This must be a joke." She mumbled, grabbing Malachi and laying him to the right of her. She did the same with Micah, except laying him to the left of her. She eyed the crying babies before staring down at her phone. She hesitated before pressing the contact name that she hasn't acknowledged since coming from his house that day. She nibbled on her bottom lip as it rang.

"H-hello?" Chris was surprised, not expecting a call from Brooklyn. He was in his room in deep thought about her, he told himself it was manifestation.

"The twins won't calm down unless they hear your voice so talk." Chris dropped his head in defeat for a second, he was really hoping Brooklyn wanted to talk or see him. Brooklyn grabbed Micah and Malachi, placing her phone in her side pocket after putting it on speaker.

"Hey hey hey, y'all can't be stressing mommy out with all that crying." Both of them popped their heads up from Brooklyn's shoulder, looking at her confused. She walked into their room in her house, placing both of them down. She sat on the comfy chair in their room, saying nothing as she watched their eyes begin to flutter from his voice.