L

Omniscient 

It had been 2 weeks and 1 day since the twins were born and everyone had been home for about 5 days. The tension in the house was at an all-time high. Since the little text message that Chris received on his phone, Brooklyn has refused to talk to him since. Chris on the other hand has been leaving out late at night and not coming back home till early morning. Neither had a clear understanding on where the relationship stood at the moment or what was going on. When Chris did try to explain himself back at the hospital, Brooklyn tuned him out and refused to listen. 

Because of Chris's late nights out, it felt like Brooklyn was raising Micah and Malachi on her own. She was the one getting up every single night when they were crying, she was the one always feeding them, she was the one to put them to sleep, the only thing Chris really did was change their diaper or talk with them.

It was early in the morning and to her surprise, the twins weren't up yet. It was probably because they kept each other up basically all night due to their screaming and crying. Walking into their little room, Brooklyn poked her lip out at the sight of them. 

Micah (Gray) Malachi (Blue)

Brooklyn hated when she had to wake them up herself, they would always throw huge fits and it wasn't easy trying to calm down two babies at once. 

"Hi baby. Good morning Malachi." She cooed as she picked him up first. His eyes were still closed as Brooklyn balanced him in one arm. She rocked him back and forth lightly, at least to get his eyes open. She peered over at Micah who was fast asleep.

"Shhhh, mommy just has to feed you then I'll put you right back down." Breastfeeding was something that Brooklyn had already mastered. Usually she would do both at a time, but she felt doing one first then doing the other would bring less stress on her and less hassle. 

She looked down to see Malachi's eyes wide open now as he latched onto her right breast. Brooklyn leaned back in her chair, cradling her son while listening out into the nearly quiet house. Nearly quiet because she could hear Chris's footsteps coming up the stairs. This was the earliest he came home since they've been home. 

Brooklyn wanted to confront him and argue him down about everything, but she didn't have the energy at the moment. Hearing the footsteps come closer, she finished up with Malachi and fixed herself. She looked up seeing Chris standing there leaning on the doorway, watching Brooklyn handle the babies carefully. 

"You need something?" She asked as she picked up Micah. Chris held a blank expression before walking in to grab Malachi. He picked up the small baby and walked towards the door.