VIII

August 13th: 2 weeks

Brooklyn

"Mami!" I called out while walking into the house

"Mami!" I called out while walking into the house. Only I was met with Brielle who looked to have dries tears decorating her face.

"B-Bri what's wrong?" I asked while walking closer to my sister. She shook her head and made her way towards Mami's room. My stomach was doing flips, all my thoughts circulated around the worst case scenario.

Walking into Mami's room, the first thing that my eyes landed on was her on the bed. She looked different though, she looked sick but not like she had the cold or anything like that. She looked like she was spaced out, random fidgets taking over her body every minute.

"M-Mami, are you okay?" She looked over at me with wide glossy eyes. Though she was not crying.

"Immm, I- I am okkk- ok." Tears began to cover my eyes as I listened to her words slur. I looked up at my older sister, but realized that she would be no help due to her distraught state of mind.

"Mommy." I looked down at my 10 year old brother. His face a deep shade of red and his eyes glowing a look of fear and terror.

"Kai, come here baby." My 21 year old sister called out to my brother. Being 15, I knew what was happening, yet my mind was in denial. I didn't want to believe that my mother, the woman who I thought to be the strongest person alive, was here in front of me strung out on drugs.

"No." Firm in my statement, I continued on my journey to the car.

"Please Brooklyn, I cant go alone. Let me remind you, she is still out mother and-."

"She stopped being my mother when we found her laid out on drugs. She wasn't my mother when she dismissed her responsibilities as a mother to be one with some damn drugs Brielle." My sister lightly jogged behind me as I sped walked to my car where Kai was also waiting.

"We not going Bri." Kai called out through the window. I nodded my head in agreement while sliding my body into the car. I looked up from the steering wheel at Bri who was now dropping slow tears.

"You're about to start therapy to let go of your past demons right? This is a big step for that Brook, you need to let go of that hurt and anger you have from Mami. Then for you Kai, you need to build that relationship with Mami." I sighed while listening to Brielle's argument. Looking over at Kai, he was now looking down, something that he did when contemplating.

"I'll follow you." Bri took a breathe of relief as she started to make her way to her car. I looked over at Kai who was clenching his jaw.