XVI

September 18th: 1 month, 1 week, 4 days

Omniscient

Brooklyn sat impatient as her and Mrs

Brooklyn sat impatient as her and Mrs.Wright waited for him. She was tempted to call and tell him not to even show, but Ms.Wright denied that thought immediately. Brooklyn felt that it wasn't necessary for him to be here being that they weren't together anymore and Brooklyn wasn't planing on getting back with him. She really just wanted to leave that piece of her life out of the puzzle. Especially after the way he disrespected her on social media.

"Sorry I'm late." Brooklyn heard that all too familiar voice speak after the door opened. She could hear him sit down and she refused to look up until she was instructed to.

"Hello, I'm Valarie Wright. You can call me Valarie or Ms.Wright, whichever you prefer."

"Chris." He spoke after. The two shook hands in a friendly manner before Valarie began to speak. Brooklyn felt that it would be rude to not look up at this time. As soon as her eyes left the wood floor, Chris was the first thing in view.

He was fidgeting with his fingers, something that he only did when he was nervous

He was fidgeting with his fingers, something that he only did when he was nervous. Brooklyn didn't understand why he would be nervous.

"Alright so, we are going to start off with some basic things. Chris, I'm sure you know that Brooklyn and I have had a total of 2 sessions together. Besides that, we do stay in contact and speak with each other so it's really not even 2. It's only been 2 in the office which doesn't really matter at the moment. Brooklyn told me some things that it would be great to talk about." Chris immediately shot his head up to look at Brooklyn. A nervous wave fell over her body because she could feel his stare.

"What did she tell you." Brooklyn could hear that his teeth were clenched and the tension level rose to an all time high.

"What didn't she tell me." Chris knew that that could only mean one thing. He knew that meant she told Valarie about the side of their relationship that nobody was supposed to find out about. Everything in that light was terrible. His eyes were burning holes all over Brooklyn's face. She could feel his glare but she refused to entertain it.