LXVI

*Sorry for the wait chile, but we here*

"Negative." Brooklyn smiled to herself while reading out the pregnancy test. Chris grabbed it from her, his eyes scanning everything.

"Oh thank God." He mumbled before handing it back to her. He looked down at the twins trying to balance themselves on the ground while Brooklyn went to throw the test out.

"Come on, hold my hand." Chris softly said to Malachi who blankly stared at him. Hesitantly, he put his tiny hand in his dad's held out hand. Chris stood up and grabbed the other hand. He slowly backed up, causing the baby to take wobbly steps with him.

"Awww, look at him." Brooklyn cooed, pulling out her phone to record the intimate moment. Micah sat on the floor, banging his jumbo legos against the ground not paying them any mind.

"Malachi gon be walking before Micah." Chris said, not taking his eyes off Malachi who stared up at him.

"Let go of him and see what happens." Chris chuckled at Brooklyn who was too excited with her phone out. She wanted to capture every and any little moment with them, especially while they were young.

"Baby...I'm not bout to just let go of him so he can fall on his ass. He can barely balance on his own." Chris picked him up and walked over by the couch. Brooklyn lowered her phone in defeat, scrunching up her face and grabbing the baby from Chris.

"Dadadadada." The baby screamed, fighting to get away from his mother. Brooklyn's mouth dropped and Chris hunched over in a fit of laughter. He grabbed Malachi who immediately calmed down in his dad's hold.

"I know you're fucking lying." Brooklyn mumbled, now grabbing Micah who didn't put up any fight. He curled against Brooklyn's chest, putting his thumb in his mouth. His eyes slowly fluttered closed in an instant. 

"Well damn, if he was tired that's all he had to say. Little nigga must've been fighting to stay up." Brooklyn playfully pushed Chris's arm while giggling. She looked down at Micah, running her hand through his head full of hair. 

"At least one of my babies likes me, Malachi clearly does not fuck with me even though I'm the one who carried him for 9 months-."

"7, they were pre-mature." Brooklyn looked at Chris who was looking at Malachi. 

"tHeY wErE pRe-MaTuRe...shut up, I still carried them for more months than I should've. And suddenly I'm speaking to a sleeping baby, this child is so damn rude." Brooklyn scoffed, looking at Malachi who was sprawled out in Chris's lap.

"Damn, when the fuck he knock out?! I'm not walking up all them stairs to put them to sleep so they gon have to survive in them bassinets." Brooklyn nodded agreeing, she stood up at the same time as Chris to lay Micah in his while Chris laid Malachi in the other one.