Book III-Chapter 120, With This Ring

Start from the beginning

Prince's grandmother and grandfather stood, and he walked her to a place right in front of the altar. She stood quietly for a moment and then began to recite from memory a favorite poem that had been written over two hundred years before by an amazing African American poet, Maya Angelou. Her speaking voice was at once filled with gentleness as well as wondrous wisdom...

In and Out of Time ~ Maya Angelou

The sun has come.

The mist has gone.
We see in the distance...
our long way home.
I was always yours to have.
You were always mine.

We have loved each other in and out of time.

When the first stone looked up at the blazing sun
and the first tree struggled up from the forest floor
I had always loved you more.
You freed your braids...
gave your hair to the breeze.
It hummed like a hive of honey bees.
I reached in the mass for the sweet honeycomb there....
Mmmm...God how I love your hair.

You saw me bludgeoned by circumstance.
Lost, injured, hurt by chance.
I screamed to the heavens....loudly screamed....
Trying to change our nightmares into dreams...

The sun has come.
The mist has gone.
We see in the distance our long way home.
I was always yours to have.
You were always mine.
We have loved each other in and out
in and out
in and out
of time.

The Wedding had begun!

Prince's grandfather had stood off to the side while she recited her poem and quietly returned to escort her back to her seat. The music Processional began to play. Prince and Bella had chosen Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring by Johann Sebastian Bach.

The wedding party started down the aisle. First, the maids of honor dressed in their beautiful lavender gowns escorted by the groomsman, then the matrons of honor, Torrey, Prince's sister, who was escorted by her husband Derek, and Sissy, Andy's baby sister who also was escorted by her husband. Both men were dressed as Groomsmen. Bella's friend from elementary school, Kim Hunter, was her maid of honor, and Maria Elena, Carlos's sister, served as Elaine's maid of honor. Bella and Elaine had decided to break tradition and not have them walk alone, so the handsome Groomsman escorted them. There were audible oohs and aahs as the wedding party moved with such dignity in their beautiful attire in different purple and lavender hues. Then came the two flower girls, Sissy's young daughters, and the two ring bearers, Trey and Troy Jennings, who appeared as the young Prince at 3 and 5 years old in the movie Another Chance. The four little ones did remarkably well and looked absolutely divine.

The music changed again. The four had made this choice together. Now Air on G String, also by Bach, played as two very proud Fathers walked slowly, with great dignity and joy escorting their two exquisitely beautiful daughters down the aisle.

First, David and Bella, and as she reached the altar, Andy and Elaine began the walk to the marriage altar. As they got to their places, each of the two fathers kissed their daughters on the forehead and then went to their seats.