Extreme Makeover

My mind revolved around the envelope, not able to think of anything else.  Even as some random campers tried greeting me, I walked around them while I muttered to myself.

“SKY!” someone shouted into my ear.  My eyes filled with hatred as I turned my head to see who it was, and the sudden burst extinguished while I recognized the person to be Meg.

“Woah, what happened to you?” she asked, surprised by the flash of darkness.  “I think that you have spent a little too much time around Nico.”

I sighed, annoyed by the comparison to Nico.  “It’s nothing, don’t worry about it.”

Meg smirked as she commented “Why do you have feathers in your hair?”

My hand went up to my head and sure enough, there were a few feathers that were stuck in it.  “Oh, Nico decided to get me back by covering me with maple syrup and topping it off with a gallon of feathers.”

“You wouldn’t get mad about just that, what is up with you?” she asked, confident in herself as if she had a master’s degree in Sky-ology.

“I’m not mad,” I mumbled as I glued my eyes to the ground.

“Then what is that?” she questioned, I didn’t bother looking up to see what she was referring to.

“It’s just a piece of paper, calm down,” I assured her.

“I was talking about the frown on your face, and I’m hungry.  I’ll solve both problems right now.  You are officially invited to the party table!” she cheered, referring to the Hephaestus table.

“Actually-“

“You didn’t even hear the best part yet!” she cut me off.  “I plan to catch Drew’s food on fire!” she added.  The thought of fire shot fear into my heart, I gasped silently, nearly petrified of the idea of the tray catching on fire then dropping.  Then it might catch the entire mess hall on fire and burn everyone to death.

“Sorry, I’m not interested,” I hurriedly answered, walking faster to leave her behind.

If Meg was hurt, she didn’t show it.  She probably thought that I was regretting pranking Nico or something like that.  The girl just went off to the “party table” in the mess hall.

I was starting to question myself and if I was sane.  Of course, sanity had never been my thing yet the changes that were happening were too sudden and the changes weren’t even normal.

The darker hair and eyes, the paling skin?  What about this new fear of fire, what did fire even do to me?

Now the only thing that was on my mind was my changes, maybe it really was just part of growing up.  Wow, I must have fallen asleep during that part of the “It’s a Healthy Thing” video, I thought to myself.

My feet pounded the few steps that led up to the entrance of the blue cabin while I rushed to get inside.  I slammed the door behind me and leant against it, feeling secure to know that there was no way for someone to enter through the door without me knowing.

The cabin was dark except for the sunlight that shone through the windows, making the room just light enough for me to make out the color of things.  My attention turned to the envelope that was in my left hand, I couldn’t take it much longer.  I had to open it.

The envelope was worn, yellowish like old historical documents.  I ripped it open, which shows you how cautious I was.

There wasn’t an exposition or even a curse that snuck out of it.  Just a simple letter was contained inside.  It was actually a bit more complicated than a short and sweet letter; it was about three pages long.  The handwriting was small and in a sloppy cursive.  The paper crackled in my grip as I handled it.

Although there was not much light by the door, I could read the paper just fine.  (The letter is in my book, “The Girl Of Fire”.  Please read it or the rest of the book won’t make much sense.)

The words were simple while the story was emotional.  I felt exactly what the writer felt; the pain, the loss, the sorrow.  The images that flashed through my mind were clear as my eyes scanned the words, like the images that you get when you read a book and realize that you had watched the movie a long time ago.  Even though I had never read anything like the story, my soul felt as if it did and it was right.

Near the end, the letter explained that it would be given to this boat guy, the author had hopes that it would be delivered to her future self, the body that she was reborn in.  Then it hit me, I had written this.

I was the one that had died in the fire, I was the one that was claimed by Hades, I was the one that had written this letter while on my way to being reborn.

My eyes stayed on the signature at the bottom, Holly Woodson.

I chuckled, “Why not name a daughter of Hades ‘Holly’?”  Even though I laughed, my insides were sore from holding in the sobs that wanted to escape.  Tears watered my eyes, I wiped them away.  The salt stung a part of my arm that came in contact with the tear, I thought nothing of it.  I simply trudged over to the fountain that was in the corner of the room and dipped my arm in.

The wound stayed there, causing me to furrow my eyebrows.  “Fine, don’t heal me.”

I ran my fingers through my hair, they slipped easily through it.  I grasped a lock of my hair and saw that it was black, completely black.

My legs ran into things while rushing to the mirror and I stared at myself.  My eyes were no longer the beautiful icy blue or had any green to be seen.  My skin had rid of freckles and now was just pale.  My hair was at a medium length, only reaching my shoulder blades.  It was now perfectly straight and so straight that I would refer to it to be dead.

My attention was caught by heavy footsteps that stomped up the stairs outside.  The door slammed open as Percy ran in saying “Sky, you okay?”  His wild green eyes scanned the room and they landed on me.  “Who are you?”

“Holly Woodson,” I blurted.  “Daughter of Hades.”

This is the last chapter of Sky, another book will continue my story; Holly Woodson.  Thank you to all that have read all the way to this point, it means a lot to have people make it all the way through.

The NEXT BOOK is called "The Holly Tree".  Be sure to read it. :D

Just a random question, now that this book is complete, does that mean that it is now "The Complete Sky" or is it still "The Incomplete Sky"?