The Hidden Mistake

“What?  How!” I exclaimed, yanking on the ring harder than ever to get it off.

“I’m a Hermes kid, not an Athenian.  I can’t tell you how, but I can tell you that you have a pure gold ring.  Sure, it appears to be silver but not all gold is the color of gold.  Some is silver and your ring is a perfect example,” he offered.

“It isn’t my ring, it is a mistake.  I already have to deal with the blood of Poseidon and Zeus.  The last thing I need is to be related to Hades.”

“Ah, daughter of Zeus.  So that is how you can fly,” Conner realized.

“Granddaughter.  And that doesn’t matter at the moment.  I just need to get this thing off,” I grunted, feeling my finger go numb and cold because of the lack of blood flow.

“Woah, don’t hurt yourself.  This is a ring of Hades, and he must had blessed it so it would never come off,” Conner suggested.

“More like he cursed it.  I-“

“Hush,” Conner whispered, freezing in place as he eyed the surroundings.  I would have been offended and refused to shut up, but I figured that he had a reason.  “Run to your cabin.”

“What?”

“Run, fly, shadow travel, whatever you do now.”

I smirked then headed for the Poseidon cabin, but I hovered over the ground so I could hear what was going on.

“There was someone here.  I swear!” someone promised.

“That’s what you said about the Demeter cabin, but Annabeth found nothing.”

I flew faster, not interested in what they were saying.  I knew that they were the Athena kids that kept a lookout for this so called “child of Gaea”.  I honesty doubted the whole theory, and just a few weeks ago, I was proven right.  Oops, spoiler.  Oh well.

I got to the door of the Poseidon cabin to find Percy standing there, crossing his arms.  When he saw me come in, he tackled me in a hug.  “Don’t you ever do that again,” he growled.

“I’m not sure if you are happy or mad.”

Percy pushed me against the wall and flicked me in the forehead.  “Don’t go anywhere without telling me."

“What’s wrong with you?  You act as if I went out of camp.”

“Didn’t you hear?  If you are caught outside your cabin, you will be kicked out of camp!”

“Oh, that’s nice,” I sarcastically stated.  Getting kicked out of camp is the least of my problems.

“Nice?  Go to bed!” he commanded.

Alcina turned over in her bed and moaned, “Can you be quiet?  I’m trying to sleep!”

I stomped over to my bed and plopped right under the covers.

“Aren’t you going to get dressed into your pjs?” Percy asked.

“Yeah, but I don’t care,” I shrugged and looked at the empty bed next to me.  It used to have Thali on it, but now it was as empty as a bag full of Justin Beiber’s talent.  (Please don’t kill me)

I closed my eyes and allowed dreams to come to me.

(Sorry that I can’t update as often as you would like.  Percy is making me help clean the wreckage by the sea caused by the Giant war.  It is exhausting, so I’m too tired to fly all the way to the library at midnight, hack into the computer, and update.  If you are my sis/bro and is reading this, first, I’m slightly mad at you for disobeying Percy’s direct order of no electronics, and second, PLEASE help me clean up the shore.  There is enough ashes of Octavian for everyone XD)