Childhood Friend

I woke up on the dining room floor, the exact place I was the last time that I was alive.  People were sitting around me, staring at me as if I just came back from the dead.  Oh wait, I just did.  The Argo crew, except for Leo and Nico, and a few people in cloaks were there.  I felt around the part of my neck were Octavian stabbed with his knife.  I shivered at the memory of my disturbing dream.  The injury was gone.

     "How did you-" I started.

     "Water of course," Percy answered.

     I smiled as a joke entered my mind.  "So who was the one that I tripped and spilt the water on me?" I joked.

     "That would be me," a little girl in a cloak rose her hand.  I smiled at her, but then I realized that she saw a dead body.  My dead body.

     "Thank you.  You should know that I am a very deep sleeper and I was sleeping the whole time," I told her.  I was hoping that I was saving at least a little bit of her childhood.  I saw the hood of the cloak go up and down.  The cloak reminded me of Thali and my eyes lit up.  "Oh yeah, I have a message for Percy."

     "Who is it from?" Percy asked excitedly.

     "Thali.  She said hi," I smiled.  Percy's excitement disappeared and everything got silent and awkward.  "Where is Thali?" I asked slowly.  No one answered so I knew that I was to late.  I looked down to avoid eye contact with anyone.

     "Were is Cali and Octavian?" Hazel asked.  I felt my face go pale.  It was not just a dream.  Oh my Gods it was real.  Cali is dead and it is all because of me!  I fell back as the realization covered me.

     "I haven't seen them, maybe they are just sleeping in?" Percy suggested.  He looked at me, "Whoa, are you okay?"

     I nodded slightly, trying to make myself believe.

     "Sweetie, he may have killed you, but you don't have to be scared of his name," Piper soothed.

     "No, it is just..." wait, I couldn't let anyone know what he tried to do.  "Nothing."

     "You talk in your sleep," Annabeth muttered.

     "That is great," I said.  Every one looked up at me with surprise on their faces.

     "How is that a good thing?" Annabeth asked.

     "That means that people were not staring at my dead body as they ate around me.  Because that would be creepy," I laughed.

     "What were you dreaming about?" Annabeth asked.

     I stayed quiet for a few moments, not sure if I should tell them about my dream.  It might ruin their trust so it should just stay between me, myself, and I.  "Just facing one of my worst fears."  I looked up at the people in the cloaks.  "Who are you?" I asked.

     They were silent as I stared at one.  The cloaked person fidgeted with a ring.  The cloak covered their face, so I was not sure if it was who I thought it was.  "Could I see that ring?" I asked.  She held out the ring and I saw that it was silver with a pearl in it.  I stared at the ring, not sure what to say.  I stood up and hugged her.  "I am so sorry.  I was so clumsy," I whispered in her ear.

     "It is okay.  I missed you," she whispered back.

     "You have no idea how much I missed you," I said as I pulled away.  "I learned that it wasn't completely my fault.  Hades sent the hound, but it was supposed to kill me."

     "It is in the past," she assured me.

     I smiled, I had imagined this conversation every day since she died and that was exactly what I hoped she would say.

     "You know her?" Annabeth asked.

     "Yeah, she was a childhood friend," I answered.

(For all of you who are not sure what just happened or who the person is, it is Emma.  Emma is the friend that Sky had as a littler girl, if that still doesn't ring a bell, you can go back to the "Emma" chapter to refresh your memory.)