Master of Puns

I slowly flew closer to the creature.  The thing that I wanted to do the most was to fly away, but the thing clearly knows where I was.  If I left, the monster would simply destroy the home of the demigods that I was supposed to be saving.  I may not be the best finder that there ever was, but I knew better then to make a selfish escape.

“Alee, you know that you could never defeat me.  You can run, but there is no place that would protect you from me,” the raspy voice of the monster taunted.

She was right.  If I killed her, she would just come back and try again.  Monsters were known to have a high patience with these kinds of things and she would chase me all my life if that is what it takes.  I knew what I had to do and took a deep breath, knowing that there was a possibility it would be the last calm breath that I would take.

I dashed over to where she was, “Looking for somebody?” I taunted.  If I was going to die, I was going to die as a joker.

“There you are alee,” the creature croaked.

“Get it right.  My name is ‘Sky’,” I told her, pretending to be annoyed.

“Any last requests that you want on your grave stone?” it snickered.

“Since you asked, I would like a carving of a dolphin and for the stone to be made out of blue marble,” I requested.  “You can deliver my requests after you come back from Tartarus.

The monster made a sound of a weak person coughing, that was probably how it sounded when it laughed.  “You underestimate me child,” it wheezed.

“I think that you underestimate me, elder,” I taunted, flipping in the air like a ninja.

When I finished my little ninja move dance, a fire ball came at me and I ducked just in time to not be hit.  “Child of Zeus?  I never killed one of those,” it hissed.  “There is a first time for everything.”

“I agree with you, this will be my first time killing a monster who thought I was a child of Zeus,” I laughed, starting a tornado.  It was a small tornado, about twenty feet tall.

“There is nothing that makes children of Zeus fire-proof!” the monster laughed from underneath the black cloak that concealed its whole body except for the two yellow glowing eyes.  It summoned another fire ball and threw it at me.  If I hadn’t created the twister, then there wouldn’t have been anything to suck the fireball in right before it hit my right ankle.

“Seriously?  What do the fates have against my right ankle?” I yelled.

The creature took it as an opportunity to try to hit me again, this time the flame got my hair as I tried to dodge it.  “Hair!  Hair!  Hair!” I screamed.  Thankfully, water splashed whole body and got the fire out.

The old hag took a whiff of the air and I could see the cloak move where its mouth was, meaning that it smiled.  “There is another demigod around,” it cheered.

“Oh please,” I laughed, summoning water to add to the tornado.  “You are talking to a child of the most powerful gods.”

“Makes no difference to me,” the monster croaked as another fire ball was fired at me.

I easily dodged the fireball and got an idea.  “That was a very shocking move.”

“Is that supposed to be funny?” the thing croaked, creating a fireball.

“I don’t get your drift,” I laughed.

“Shut up!  Those are terrible jokes!”

“Would you prefer the ocean ones?  They shore make a splash!” I giggled uncontrollably.

The monster threw a fireball at the ground I was flying over so I quickly flew higher on instinct.  “I sea that I am dolphinately making you crabby.”

“Quiet sea scum!” the thing shouted.

“I am not only a sea scum, so I would prefer for you to address me by what I really am,” I laughed.

“Just come down here so I can kill you!”

“What would I get out of that?” I wondered as I descended closer to the ground.

“Nothing!”

“That’s a little shellfish of you!” I joked, proud of my abilities to remember the puns I read on Pintrest a few months ago.