The Final Dream

I appeared in the woods of Camp Half-Blood.  “Where have you been?” I turned to see Nico staring at me with concern.  He must have been worried about me.

I smiled at him, glad that at least I could spend my last few minutes on Earth with him.  “Ocala of course,” I shrugged.  I then realized that Nico could talk to the dead, “Wait, am I dead?”

“No, why would you be dead?” Nico stared into my eyes.  “I wouldn’t have let you leave if I knew that you would die.”

“I wouldn’t have left if I knew that I would die,” I rolled my eyes.  “Well, not to freak out or anything but last time I checked, I was about to die.”

“WHAT?” Nico exclaimed.  “I have to go down there and save you again?”

I was hurt by his words, not realizing that he had to go through so much trouble to save me.  “Thank you for those peaceful last words that I will hear before I am killed in my sleep,” I sarcastically thanked him to hide my pain.  “Besides, you don’t have to go down there for me if you really don’t care about me that much,” I offered to make him realize that he was being a jerk.

“No, you are the one that doesn’t care enough!  Why aren’t you at camp?” he accused.

“Because I am busy,” I answered.

“Saving Cali?” he guessed.

I remembered that that was the whole reason why I left.  If he knew that I wasn’t with her for days than he might think that I was avoiding him because I didn’t directly go to camp.

“Yeah, I’ve been helping her with fighting the monsters and stuff,” I lied casually.

“No you haven’t,” he growled.

“Why would you think that?” I innocently asked, thinking that I had this lieing thing covered.

“Because I am the one that has been helping her!” he exclaimed.  “She called me for help and I helped her because she is a friend of yours!”

I got myself stuck in a corner; Nico seemed to be getting mad at me for multiple reasons.

“Okay, you got me there,” I admitted.  “But I have been keeping a close eye on her.”

“Lie!” I screamed at me.

Gee, is he some kind of lie detector? I asked myself.  “Why would you think that?” I asked, he had no way to prove that I was lieing.

“When was the last time that you checked on her?”

“Not too long ago.  I think that it was a few hours ago.”

“Oh, so you know that Octavian died?” Nico questioned.

“He didn’t die,” I protested.

“He died a few days ago and I am the one that saved him!”

“I told you that I was keeping an eye on Cali,” I corrected him.

“You must be blind because she died too!” Nico got me good.  Lieing was only getting me deeper in trouble.  “I can’t stand liars!”

“So, I’m guessing that you will just let me die?  You are just going to let me be trapped in the endless party?” I carefully asked.

“I guess, because you meant nothing too me now,” Nico darkly told me and then disappeared into the shadows.

I stood there, “So the curse continues.” Tears came and streaked my cheeks.  “What did I do?”  I squeezed my eyes shut and blocked the thoughts that were about to come back.  “My life was almost perfect, now the fates decided to take everything away from me, family by family, quest by quest, friend by friend, brick by brick.