Octavian's Fault

I looked wildly around, desperately trying to think of a plan to get me out of this mess.  I looked in Annabeth's eyes, she did not show any sign of having an idea.  She actually looked like she was about to give in.  I saw that she was actually going to bow down.  Before anyone could, I said, "No! Stop!  I am not worth it!"

      "Sky, I couldn't live with myself if I let someone kill you," Annabeth said with a look of defeat.  The others nodded to show that they felt the same way.

      I looked her in the eyes. "Thank you.  You have been an amazing leader."  I looked at Percy, "I love you bro, stay alive."  I looked at Piper, "Of all of my friends, you would probably be at the top."  I looked at Leo, "You are the light of the darkness, stay that way no matter what people say."  I looked at Hazel, "I don't know much about you personally, but I know that you will figure out the mist."  I looked at Frank, "I don't know much about you, but I do know that you are loyal."  I looked at Jason, "Stay strong, no matter who you loose.  No regrets is the key to a happy life." I took a deep breath.  "Be nicer to Nico guys, he is actually nice, just shy and misunderstood.  Don't judge him by his background.  If no one ever did, he would probably be like he was before he got in this mess."  I turned my head so Octavian could see half of my face.  "And you are a #$%& and should go @%#$ yourself."  I looked at everyone but Octavian as I said, "This is Octavian's fault, not any of yours.  Do not blame yourselves.  I love all of you.  I know what is about to happen, but I am willing to take the risk."  With that, I elbowed Octavian in the gut as hard as possible and his blade cut into my neck.

       The cut was not deep enough to kill me right away, so I had to live through the pain until it would let me die.  The pain was strong and clear to feel as red spots danced across my vision.  Everyone crowded around me.  "Please stay with us," they pleaded.  I wanted so badly to answer, but my neck was not up for the job.

       Percy looked at me with teary eyes.  "Mikalee, you'll live again.  I love you."

      I smiled, glad that I could hear my name one last time before I let my spirit exit my body.