Making a Plan

“This is unbelievable,” Sage muttered as he held Apricot’s hand.  Tears fell down from his eyes, making me want to get out of here before I starting sobbing from how beautiful Aphrodite’s story was.

“Well, it happened, so it is kiiiinda believable,” Annie awkwardly stated as she bit her lip.

Yeah, I need to get out of here, I told myself as I sniffled.  “As lovely as this scene is, could I interrupt just to ask for a bucket?” I interrupted, feeling like I was hoping onto a Broadway play’s stage and asking for directions to the restroom.

“Why…?” Annie asked, giving me a weird look.

“I just want a bucket, could someone just get up on their feet and get me a bucket?” I requested, wanting to get out as soon as possible.

“A bucket,” Adonis grunted.  “A bucket, got it.  I’m gonna go anyway to sort things out with the doctors.  I’ll get you a stupid bucket,” he rudely promised.

“I prefer a smart bucket, but a stupid bucket would work,” I blurted, speaking my mind without filtering anything.

“Be nice. Gods Adonis, are you always grumpy or is it Apricot?” Annie questioned as she crossed her arms.

Adonis ran his fingers through his hair.  “I barely knew her!  She could be dead and I would feel guilty all the time!  I was stupid and didn’t save her!” he exclaimed, making me feel bad for not feeling bad.  (Is that even a thing?)  He then pointed at me and growled, “And you, I don’t have the patience to for witty comebacks.”  With that as his last words for a while, he stormed out and slammed the door behind him.

Instead of feeling attacked, I remembered that he was just a peasant compared to me.  Besides, I have to look on the bright side of things even though there aren’t any.  “Wow, he is nice,” I sarcastically remarked.  “He just said that I have wits.”

“Yup, I have concluded that he is always moody,” Annie told me, smirking.

I sat there for a few seconds, still feeling a small burning sensation at my toes.  “Do you think he will really get me a bucket?” I asked, desperately wanting one badly.

Adonis swung the door open right on que and threw a bucket at my face.  I slapped it down on the ground and leaned over the side of the bed to pick it up again.

“He is lucky I find it hilarious,” I laughed, eyeing the door in hopes for an idea to pop into my head of how to get the door to open.

“Well, there’s your answer. Seriously, how is it possible for someone to be that moody?” Annie continued.

“Maybe if someone loses a sibling,” I suggested, but when I did a pang of emotional pain came over me.  I remembered when the monster bragged about killing my brother, if she did than that was going to really hurt.  My eyes slightly watered, but I rubbed them off with a pillow panda pet.

He is alive, I tried to convince myself.  He is still with the Romans, but he is still alive.

Tanner grimaced, “Touchy subject there,” he answered, frowning.

“Yeah, very touchy,” Sage agreed.

I would have felt bad, but I was focusing on not bursting out into tears.  “I’d be worse, there would probably be a hurricane,” I smirked.  Yeah, this isn’t working.

I aimed my bucket at the door as the door slammed open from a gust of wind.  A stream of fast-moving water flowed through the air and into my bucket.

“What do you need water for?” Sage questioned, seeming not to notice the fact that I used wind and water.

“Oh, bodies are only 70% water,” I sarcastically told him to make him think that I was going to drink the water.

I took out my key and turned it into a sword.

Annie shrieked, “Don’t kill me!  I had enough of that!” she pleaded.

“I know how you feel.  Don’t worry, I’ll make it quick,” I promised with a murderous smile as I lifted the sword and pointed it toward her.

“No thanks,” she said as she took a step away from me.

I laughed as I rolled my eyes.  “I’m stuck in a bed without being able to stand up and couldn’t fight for my life,” I explained.  She looked confused so I explained the rest of the story, “I was kidding.”  I than skillfully cut the cast off of my leg.

“Okay, thank Zeus,” Annie breathed.

“You are welcome,” I muttered.  I looked down at my legs to see that they were pink with yellow pus oozing out.  “Oh no, thank you,” I said to stop myself from cursing.  I quickly covered my legs with sheets from the other end of the bed.

“I will be right back, is that okay?” Annie asked.

“Check away,” Sage suggested.

“Yes, I love being alone with strangers,” I sarcastically said as I quickly moved my feet so the hung off the side of the bed that no one could see.  The yellow pus ran down my leg, so I put the bucket on the ground and put my feet inside.  The scent was sickeningly strong with the scent of medical supplies like bandaids so I waved my hand in front of myself in hope of getting the smell out.

“Do you want me to stay?” Annie offered.  I looked up at her and smiled. 

“You can go.  I’ll be leaving soon if my plan works,” I told her.

(Sorry I haven’t updated for a long time, but I have been busy with many other things.  Like, MANY.)