Chapter 43

After the Queens returned home from their family vacation, it was time for Oliver and Laurel to get back to work. Thea was starting her new job run the National Daily News branch located in Star City, so Oliver need to hire someone for the position of Chief of Staff. He had a few interviews lined up for that morning.

Oliver called to his secretary to show the first applicant in. When the man walked in Oliver knew that he was going to hire this man. "So, tell me about yourself." Oliver said.

"Well I have been working in politics for years so I think that I would be good helping you run things around here." The man said.

"That is what I need. My sister did a good job of that while she was here, and I need someone who is willing to do what she did around here." Oliver said.

"I hope that I will be able to do that for you sir." The man said.

"By the way, what is your name?" Oliver asked.

"My name is Adrian Chase." Chase said.

"It's nice to meet you. I think I have seen everything that I need to. We will give you a call if you get the job." Oliver said and Chase left.

Oliver had four more interviews lined up for that morning, so he had to act like he was at least interested in the others, because when he was done with Chase, he would most likely be hiring one of the other candidates.

Oliver thought that it would be perfect to have Chase working that close to him because then he would be able to keep a better eye on him then when he was at the DA's office.

Later that night Oliver called for a meeting with the team in the bunker. Once everyone arrived, they started asking questions. "So, what's the 911 Ollie?" Thea asked.

"I had a candidate for your old job today that I am thinking of hiring and I wanted all of your opinions." Oliver said.

"No offense hoss, but you are the mayor. Why would you need to ask us?" Rene said.

"Because it involves all of us." Oliver said.

"Ok, so who is this candidate?" Diggle asked.

"Adrian Chase. I think that if I hire him, I will be able to keep an eye on him and I also plan on having someone tail him the whole time." Oliver said.

"Looks like you have a good plan there Ollie. I am with you on this." Laurel said.

"Ok, so the motion is seconded. All in favor." Oliver said.

The whole team raised their hands. So now Oliver was going to hire Chase and keep an I on him while he also had one of his other team members follow him around as well.

"Anything else Oliver?" Emiko asked.

"No, everyone gets changed and head out on patrol. Once you are done you can stay around and train some if you want." Oliver said and everyone nodded as they changed into their suits and left to patrol.

Once the team had finished patrolling for the night Oliver walked over to Felicity and asked, "Keep an eye on Tobias Church. I want to take him down as soon as possible. It will give us an easy shot at Chase because we know he will go after Church for trying to kill me." Oliver said.

"I will look into Church and see what I can find." Felicity said and Oliver nodded as he left.

The next morning Oliver got a report at the mayor's office telling him that someone was going around murdering people with a throwing star. Oliver shook his head because Chase had not worked this fast the last time around. He picked up his phone and called Felicity.

"Hey, have you seen the news this morning?" Oliver asked.

"Yeah, looks like Chase is getting a little ahead of himself. What do you want to do?" Felicity asked.

"There is not much we can do until we either come face-to-face with him or use Church as bait." Oliver said.

"Ok, I am working on that as fast as I can. I will let you know when I have something." Felicity said.

"Thanks. Let me know when you have something." Oliver said and then he hung up the phone.

The door then opened and in walked Chase. "Is there anything I can do for you today sir?" Chase asked.

"No, I am all good right now. I will give you a call If I change my mine." Oliver said.

Oliver picked up his phone and called Diggle, who was the one tailing Chase for the day. "Chase killed three people last night. I bet they are anagrams like they were last time to let me know he knows about the list." Oliver said.

"Sounds about right. I will keep an eye on him and then Shado will be trailing him tonight." Diggle said.

"Sounds good. So, how are things with you and Lyla? I know she has to be happy that you are back after being on my family's protective detail." Oliver said.

"She is happy and so are JJ and Sara." Diggle said.

"That's good. Let me know if you get something." Oliver said.

"Will do." Diggle said and then hung up the phone.

Oliver was then called by Thea who asked, "Hey Ollie, would you mind giving me an interview for the paper?"

"As the mayor or as someone else?" Oliver asked.

"Well now that you mention it, why not both?" Thea asked.

"I guess I could do that. I mean all of the other heroes have given interviews, so I guess it is time to give in and give an interview to someone. I would also be happy to give an interview as the mayor as well." Oliver said.

"Ok, I will come over to your apartment tonight an get the interviews. I also want to see my nieces and nephew. It has been a while since I have seen them." Thea said.

"Ok, see you then." Oliver said.

Oliver finish doing some paperwork, then he decided to go home and get some ideas together that would help him during his interview with Thea tonight.