Chapter 23

Today was Laurel's first doctor's appointment to see how the baby was doing. She didn't really know what to expect because she had Mia while being in the league, so there were no doctors to go to. She was really nervous. She was probably about twelve weeks along, or so that was what she was thinking anyways. She was not really sure because she was a little bit bigger now then she was at this point with Mia.

The nurse called her, and Oliver back and she told Laurel to get up on the table so she would be ready when the doctor came in. About five minutes later the doctor came into the room and said "My name is Dr. Williams and I will be your doctor throughout this pregnancy. Do you have any questions before we begin?"

"I do have one. I have a daughter that was born that is 7 now and she wasn't this big at twelve weeks. I was wondering if something was wrong?" Laurel asked.

"I doubt that anything is wrong. You might just be a little bit further along then you thought you were." Dr. Williams said.

"Ok, so what do we do now then?" Laurel asked.

"Well first we will go over a few things, like what vitamins and medications you should or shouldn't take. I will give you a list. We also need to make sure that you eat right and also need to make sure that you exercise regularly. Then last we will do an ultrasound to make sure everything looks ok." Dr. Williams said.

The doctor went over everything that she would need to know about keeping health for the baby. Laurel ate pretty healthy to begin with so she would not have to change much there. The doctor then got to the part that Laurel and Oliver had been looking forward to. They were going to get to see their baby for the first time.

The doctor was getting the ultrasound ready and then she turned to Laurel and said "If you could just lift your shirt for me, I will put this gel on. It might be a little cold thought."

Laurel nodded and then did what she said. After the gel was put on her stomach the doctor started to move the wand around so that she could find the baby. She finally found it and she said "Well that is interesting. I think I have found out why you might be a little bit bigger this time around."

"What is something wrong?" Oliver asked.

"No. Your baby is perfectly health. See there the baby is right there." Dr. Williams said while pointing at an area on the screen.

"Oh, I see it. The baby is so small. But what is this right here?" Laurel asked as she pointed at the screen.

"Oh, As I was about to tell you before your husband got a little worried. I know why you are bigger this time around. It is because you are carrying two babies. Congratulations, you are having twins." Dr. Williams said.

"Oh my God. Twins. I can't believe this. I am happy but nervous because I don't know how we are going to deal with twins." Laurel said.

"We will work through it like we do everything else. The main thing is that the babies are healthy and that they are loved, which they will be by both of us and their big sister and of course our friends and family." Oliver said.

"You are right. I am just so happy right now." Laurel said why crying tears of joy.

"Ok, you can wipe the gel off of your stomach now. Do you have any more questions for me right now? If not, I will set you up an appointment for 4 weeks from now." Dr. Williams said.

"Um, could you tell what the sex of the babies are yet?" Laurel asked.

"No, they have not developed that far yet. We should be able to see something by your next visit." Dr. Williams said.

"Thanks for everything Dr. Williams. We will see you next time." Laurel said.

When they were done in the room both Oliver and Laurel walked out to the receptionist so that they could set up their appointment for 4 weeks. Once they had that all setup, they decided that they would go to the bunker to bring everyone up to speed on the pregnancy.

"So, how did it go?" Sara asked when she saw Laurel and Oliver enter the bunker.

"Everything looked good. The health was good, and we got a little bit of a surprise from the ultrasound." Laurel said.

"Well don't keep us in suspense. What did you see? Was it the sex of the baby or something?" Thea asked.

"Hold on Speedy. We are going to tell you if you would give us a chance." Oliver said and Thea nodded.

"Well I thought it was weird that I was bigger at the 12-week mark then I was with Mia, so the doctor pointed out something in the ultrasound. So apparently we are having twins." Laurel said with a big smile on her face.

"Oh my God. That is amazing. I am so happy for the both of you." Thea said and then everyone else on the team congratulated them.

"Now on to other business. Has anything been going on here today?" Oliver asked the team.

"No. It has been quiet. Why don't you two go home and relax for the night? We've got everything under control here." Diggle said and everyone else agreed with him.

"Ok. We will do that. We just wanted to come and see if everything was alright here and also to deliver the news about the twins." Oliver said as he and Laurel left the bunker.

When they got home, they knew that it was now time to tell their daughter that she was going to be a big sister. They wanted to go to the doctor before they told her anything so that they could make sure everything was alright with the baby. They sent Raiza home for the night and then called Mia out into the sitting room.

"Hey sweetie, how was your day today?" Laurel asked.

"It was pretty good. I made friends with this new girl that just started at school today. She was very nice." Mia said.

"That's good baby. So, we have some news for you." Oliver said.

"Ok. What is it?" Mia said while getting excited.

"How would you feel about being a big sister?" Laurel asked Mia.

"I would love it. I would look after the baby and protect them." Mia said.

"I am glad you feel that way because you are going to be a big sister to 2 babies." Laurel said.

"That is so cool. I am going to be the best big sister ever." Mia said as she ran to her mother and gave her a hug.

"Ok now that we have given you the news. I think it is your bedtime Sweetie." Laurel said.

Once they got Mia into bed Oliver and Laurel went back out to the sitting room to relax for a little while before they decided to go to sleep as well.