Chapter 24

The next day the Lance and Queen families decided that they were going to have dinner at the Queen Mansion to celebrate Oliver and Laurel having twins. The people in attendance were Moira, Robert, Oliver, Laurel, Mia, Thea, Roy, Quentin, Dinah, Sara, and Ava.

Quentin stood up holding a club soda and got everyone's attention. "I would like to make a toast. Oliver and Laurel, you are already the best parents that Mia could have, and I know you will be the best parents to these new babies and always know that all of us are here for you if you ever need any help. To Oliver and Laurel." Quentin said and everyone else raised their glasses and said, "To Oliver and Laurel."

Everyone began eating and having conversation. Most people were talking to Ava because they were getting to know her because they had not had the chance to get to know her very well because of their busy schedules. Once they were done with dinner, they were brought dessert. Once that was done Roy got everyone's attention and said "I just want to say congratulations to Oliver and Laurel on the news of having twin. I also figured that this would be the best time to do this being that everyone is here." Roy said as he got down on one knee and pulled out a ring box.

"Thea, you are the love of my life and I know I made mistakes on the old earth and I am glad that Oliver made this new earth so I could make up for my mistakes. I know that my life was incomplete without you in it, so I don't want to live another day without you in my life. Thea Queen will you marry me?" Roy asked.

Thea got down on her knees in front of Roy crying happy tears and she said, "Yes Roy, of course I will marry you."

They both stood up and kissed and then everyone came over and congratulated the newly engaged couple. "Well I guess this calls for another toast. To Roy and Thea. We hope you have many happy years ahead of you." Robert said and then everyone else said "To Roy and Thea."

They all sat back down at the table and talked for a while. Mia got out of her chair and went over to Sara and tugged on her arm and Sara said, "What's up Squirt?"

Mia got in Sara's lap and asked, "Do you think that you and Ava will ever get married?"

"I don't know Squirt. I would hope so, but even if we don't, I am happy to just be with her." Sara said as she looked over at Ava and smiled. Ava smiled back having heard the whole conversation.

"I like her. You should bring her around more." Mia said.

"I will if you promise to be a good big sister when those babies get here." Sara said.

"You know me. I am going to be the best big sister in the world." Mia said.

"That's good. I will hold you to that. It is going to be hard to pass your mom for that title though." Sara said as she looked over at Laurel and smiled.

Mia went back to her seat beside her mom and asked, "Mom can I go play with some of my toys?"

"Sure baby. Just stay close by. We are going to be leaving soon." Laurel said and Mia nodded to her.

Once Mia was gone, being that everyone in the room knew about the children being vigilantes, Robert asked "So, what is new in the vigilante world?"

"Other than having to fight the League of Assassin's leader Ras Al Ghul, in a few months, nothing that we can't handle." Oliver said.

"Didn't he nearly kill you on the old earth? Why would you fight him again?" Quentin asked.

"Because Ras sent Nyssa and Talia with a message for Ollie and me. We were to come back to the league or be killed. The only way to get around it is to kill Ras." Laurel said.

"Well at least you did kill him in your second fight with him. I watched that one and you are very good with a sword." Quentin said.

"Well it did help that I joined the league so that I could learn to use a sword better. Once I got good enough, he decided to attack the city, so I had no choice but to kill him. It should be easier this time being that I was in the league for five years on this earth, plus I didn't lose my experience from the old earth." Oliver said.

"We actually need to head out. I have training with Talia in a hour." Oliver said.

Everyone got up and said their goodbyes and Oliver, Laurel, and Mia went to the bunker where Talia and Nyssa were waiting for them. They all changed into workout clothes and Oliver went to work with Talia on sword training while Laurel and Nyssa worked on training Mia, who was now old enough to learn some more advanced move then she already knew.

Oliver was learning some new techniques with the sword that he didn't know. It would really help him against Ras because he would never see the new moves coming.

"You are coming along quickly Oliver. You were already better than me, but now with these new moves you should be able to beat my father with no problem." Talia said.

"Thanks. I just hope this does not turn out the way it did the first time I fought your father." Oliver said.

"You have so much more than you were fighting for now then you did back then. Of course, you were fighting for your sister, but this time you are fighting for your family which is a lot bigger than the last time you fought my father. You have let people in which has given you strength." Talia said.

"I am just glad you are here to keep me on my game. I just have three months left before I have to fight Ras. I hope I am ready." Oliver said.

"If you are not now, you will be. I will make sure of it. There is a lot on the line for all of us. You will run the league while letting me and Nyssa train the soldiers. I am sorry that I gave you so much grief on the old earth. I now know that you are a good man and I will happily follow you as the leader of the league." Talia said.

"Thank you. Now how about we call it a night and go get some rest." Oliver said and everyone then left the bunker to go home for the night.