Chapter 40

Oliver was in the bunker meeting with Talia to see how the League were doing in taking out all of the Ghosts. "Is it time for me to finally end Darkh or do you still need more time?" Oliver asked.

"We have done as you asked. The only Ghosts that are left are the ones that are guarding Darkh. I would say twenty of them maybe." Talia said.

"Good work. Stay here until the task is done. You will be my team's backup if we need it." Oliver said.

"As you wish. Is there anything else?" Talia asked.

"No, you are free to go. Keep a phone nearby in case we need you." Oliver said and Talia nodded and left the bunker.

The team met in the bunker later that afternoon to go over the plan for taking down Darkh. Oliver told him what he was thinking, and the team thought that it sounded like the best idea that they could come up with.

"Ok, so we have the Christmas party tonight at City Hall. Rene you are going to be my bodyguard being that John is not here. Everyone else will be there because they were invited or are someone's plus one. Laurel, I need you to stay in the bunker. We can't let Darkh know who we are and if this is anything like last time Darkh will attack the party and take the people who are closest to me. I need you to stay here because I need the Canary Cry to break the glass like you did last time." Oliver said.

"I don't like hiding Ollie, but I get where you are coming from so I will stay here." Laurel said.

"Thanks. Ok, everyone else needs to go get ready for the party." Oliver said and everyone, but Laurel left.

When the party started everyone seemed to be having a good time. Oliver, Thea, Roy, Sara, Tommy, Felicity, and Rene were all talking to each other when all of a sudden there were gunshots, and everyone started to run for cover. Darkh walked in and gave a speech and got his men to take Thea, Tommy, and Sara.

"I was really hoping to take your wife hostage as well, but being that she is not here, I will settle for her sister." Darkh said.

"What do you want?" Oliver asked.

"I want you to come to this address at ten tonight. If you don't show up all of them will die." Darkh said.

"I will be there. Don't worry." Oliver said and Darkh left with the three hostages.

"You aren't going to go after him. Why did you let him do this again?" Quentin asked.

"It's all part of the plan. That's why Laurel is not here. Because we will use her Canary Cry to break the glass like she did last time." Oliver said and Quentin nodded.

"Ok team, lets go get ready to finish this tonight." Oliver said as the team left for the bunker.

Later that night Green Arrow, Black Canary, Arsenal, and Wild Dog were staking out the building to make sure that there were no surprises. They saw their teammates being looked up in jail cells and they also saw the gas chamber that Darkh was going to try to use on his family and friends.

"Ok, is everyone ready? It is time to end this." Oliver said and all the others nodded.

Green Arrow and Arsenal fired grappling arrows to the floor and the four vigilantes glided into the room and started to take out all of the Ghosts. Once they were done with that, they went to release their teammates who had their rings on and changed into their suits.

Oliver saw Darkh walking down the hall trying to get out of the building while he could. "Ok, Everyone but Laurel and I go and make sure that there are no more Ghosts that can stop us." Green Arrow said and they all nodded and went to look for the remaining Ghosts.

"You really think that you can stop me? I have magic that you can't even imagine inside of me. You don't stand a chance." Darkh said.

"I wouldn't be so sure of that." Black Canary said as she noticed that her eyes were glowing yellow.

Oliver was happy to see that the tattoo was working for her. It gave him some peace of mind.

"Ok, well let's see how you do with this." Darkh said as he waved his hang like he normally would when he threw someone with his powers, but it didn't work.

"How are you overriding my powers?" Darkh asked.

"We will never tell you that. It does make this a fair fight though." Green Arrow said.

"What makes you think that you can even fight with me? I was trained by the League of Assassins." Darkh said.

"Oh, did we forget to mention that we were too?" Black Canary asked.

"One question. How did you get Ras to send his people here to take out my soldiers?" Darkh asked.

"Oh, that one is easy to answer." Green Arrow said.

"I'm listening." Darkh said.

"Well the League is hear because they were ordered to take out you men by me." Green Arrow said.

"So, you beat Ras? Didn't see that coming." Darkh said.

"Ok, lets finish this." Black Canary said as she went to attack Darkh, with Green Arrow right behind her.

The fight was very tight but after a while, but finally Green Arrow and Black Canary were able to wear Darkh down and he dropped to his knee.

Green Arrow then took out the memory ring and touched it to Darkh's head so that he would remember everything before he would die again.

"Well Oliver, looks like you beat me again. At least this time you still have your precious Black Canary alive to witness it." Darkh said.

"I wanted you to remember everything before I kill you for a second time." Oliver said.

"To bad I am not that easy to kill." Darkh said as he got up and threw a smoke bomb so that he could escape. Darkh was not expecting what happened next.

Oliver lifted his hand and used his power to freeze the man like Darkh used to do to him. Oliver then brought Darkh back to them with his power and turned to Laurel and asked, "Do you want the honor?"

"I would like that. I have been waiting a long time for this." Laurel said as she reached into Oliver's Quiver and took an arrow out and walked up to Darkh and stabbed him in the heart with it and just to make sure he was gone she also slit his throat.

"Thank god that is finally over. Let's get out of here." Laurel said and the whole team nodded as they left the building heading back to the bunker.

When they arrived at the bunker Oliver called Diggle and told him that it was safe to come back home now. A few minutes later a breach opened and out stepped Robert and Moira who were holding the twins while Mia was right behind them. Then Diggle, Emiko, and Shado exited the breach and it closed.

Oliver and Laurel went up to their children and hugged them. Glad to have them back safe and sound.

Oliver then walked over to Diggle and said "Thanks for keeping everyone safe. I am sorry it took longer than I thought it was."

"Don't worry about its man. I was just doing my job." Diggle said.

"Thank you too, Emiko. Did you spend much time with the kids?" Oliver asked.

"I did and now I love them the same way Thea does. I even got to know dad better." Emiko said.

"That's good. Thank you as well Shado. I am glad you were there with them." Oliver said.

"It was my pleasure. It was nice to get to know your parents better as well as the children." Shado said.

"Ok everyone, Let's call it a night. It has been a long one and some of us could really use the rest." Oliver said and everyone left the bunker.