Chapter 42

The next week Oliver and Laurel took off from work so that they could spend time with the kids. They had to send them away so that Darhk could not get his hands on them. They decided to go to the house that the family owned in the mountains. They thought that they would teach Mia how to ski.

"I think we have everything packed. I am really looking forward to having some off time." Oliver said.

"You aren't the only one. I haven't had any time off since the twins were born." Laurel said.

"Well you know they are about to turn 1. We should have a party." Oliver said.

"I don't know Ollie. They won't even remember it." Laurel said.

"I guess you are right. We have some time to think about it anyway." Oliver said.

"Ok Mia, are you ready to go?" Laurel asked.

"Yeah mom. I am looking forward to learning how to ski." Mia said.

"Good, now let's load up the car so that we can hit the road." Oliver said and Mia nodded as she went to help her parents.

They got to the mountains 3 hours later and they saw that it was going to be good weather for skiing. There was probably two feet of snow already on the ground and it was still snowing. Oliver, Laurel and Mia unloaded all of the luggage and the Mia decided she wanted to sit on the porch and watch the snow.

"I have never seen this much snow before. I wish we got this much in Star City." Mia said.

"I know. It is very pretty. I always used to like coming here when I was a kid." Oliver said.

"I used to like coming here as well. Although I didn't get to come as much once we got older." Laurel said.

"That's because when we were younger, we were just friends. When we started dating, I think my parents were worried about me sleeping with you, so I could only invite boys up here." Oliver said.

"Well they probably did have a point with that. Once we discovered sex, we did do it quite a bit." Laurel said while laughing.

"Yes, we did. I do have to say though, you are the best I have ever had." Oliver said.

"Same here. Although I do not have the experience that you have had. Only you and Tommy, and Tommy was all about himself until we dated." Laurel said.

"Well it depends on what earth you are talking about for me, because on this earth. I only had two girls that I slept with before we started dating and then it was just you." Oliver said.

"Well on this earth it was just you for me." Laurel said.

Mia came running up to them at that point and asked "When will we go skiing. I am really looking forward to learning how to do that."

"It's getting late sweetie. We probably won't go until tomorrow." Laurel said.

"Ok. Can we at least build a snowman?" Mia asked.

"That sounds like fun. Go in the house and change into you snow clothes and then we will do that." Oliver said as Mia ran into the house to change.

"I guess we should go and change too. We don't need to get sick on the first day here." Laurel said.

Oliver nodded and they both went into the house to change. By the time they were done changing the twin had woke up from there nap and were walking around the house. Laurel decided that she would take them out on the porch so that they could watch while Oliver and Mia made the snowman.

Conner started walking toward the steps so that he could go into the snow and be with his father and older sister. Laurel was glad that she changed him into his snow clothes as well so that he wouldn't get sick.

Oliver saw Conner coming toward them and said, "Hey buddy, you want to help?"

Conner just walked up to them and picked up a hand full of snow and put it on the snowman. "Good job buddy. How about we put the nose on now." Oliver said to Conner as he put the carrot in the boy's hand and guided him to the right place.

"Good job Conner." Mia said as she was happy that her brother was helping them.

Oliver looked up at the porch to see Laurel smiling while she was holding Olivia. "Do you want to go help your brother and sister?" Laurel asked Olivia who was reaching out like she was grabbing at the snowman.

Laurel got up and took her other daughter down to help with the snowman. Oliver handed Laurel a rock to use for the eye and she helped Olivia put it into place. After they were done with the snowman it was time for the kids to go to sleep.

The next day Oliver woke up so that he could cook breakfast for the family. Once they were done eating and had gotten dressed, they left to go skiing. When they got to the hill Laurel took Mia up to the top and gave her a few lessons before sending her down the hill.

"Dad, this is so much fun. I wish we could do this every year." Mia said.

"Well if you want to, we could start this as a yearly trip." Oliver said.

"I would like that." Mia said.

"Let's ask your mom first." Oliver said and Mia nodded.

Mia ran back to Laurel and said "Mom, I would like to come here every year. Dad said he was fine with it if you were."

"I don't see why we can't. I like that idea." Laurel said.

The family spent the rest of the day on the slopes teaching Mia how to ski. By the end of the day she had it down and by the end of the week she was a little pro. The Queens enjoyed their time away for the week, but they knew that It was time to get back home so at the end of the week they made a promise that they would come back once every winter until the kids didn't want to come anymore.