Chapter 21

It had been three weeks since the team had taken their well-deserved vacation time. In that time, Oliver had been sworn in as mayor because no one was running against him now that Blood had been arrested for ordering the siege. His first order of business was to clean up the DA's office and the police department. In order to do that he hired people that he could trust. He promoted Quentin to the Commissioner of police, and he hired Laurel as the DA. That would help so that people like Diaz would never be able to take over the city again. Laurel would look into everyone who was working under her and if she saw they were dirty she would get rid of them. The same went for Quentin.

He wanted to make the city a place where people would want to come and live again, so he decided that he would try to entice companies to build in Star City instead of going to other cities or countries. He had some ideas about how to produce clean energy and cheap transportation as well. But one of his most pressing matters was that he had to find a way to join the Glades and the rest of the city together so that the city will be whole in the future.

Today Oliver was in his office having a meeting with Quentin and Laurel about how it was coming with the cleaning up of their departments, when his secretary walks in and says he has a visitor.

"Who is it? I am in a meeting now." Oliver said.

"She said it was urgent. She says her name is Ms. Raatko." The secretary said.

"Send her in." Oliver said the secretary nodded and went to send Nyssa in.

Nyssa entered the office and said "It is good to see you Oliver and Laurel. It has been a long time. How is my niece doing?"

"She is doing fine. So, what can we do for you Nyssa?" Oliver asked.

"I would like to talk to you and Laurel in private if that is ok." Nyssa said.

"I was just leaving anyways." Quentin said and left the office.

"Ok. What is it that you need to tell us Nyssa?" Laurel asked.

"I am sorry to have to do this, but father has been keeping tabs on the two of you and he is very impressed. He is calling you back to his service in the league. Out of respect for the two of you, he is giving you six months to get your affairs strait and return to the league. If you do not return, he will release the league on your city." Nyssa said.

"What if we decline now?" Oliver asked.

"He will still give you six months. He feels that he owes that to two of his best students." Nyssa said.

"We will never come back Nyssa. You know that right." Laurel said.

"I figured as much. I will return your message to father, but remember you still have six months to reconsider." Nyssa said and they nodded.

"Nyssa before you leave town, we would like to catch up with you. Can you meet us at our lair at eight tonight? We will have Mia there to see you as well. Oh, and if you can somehow have Talia come as well, that would be good." Oliver said.

"We will be there at eight." Nyssa said and she left.

"What are you planning Ollie?" Laurel asked.

"I am going to use the memory ring on the both of them and I am going to have Talia work on training be so that I am at top form and then in six month I am going to challenge Ras to a fight." Oliver said.

"I believe in you Ollie, but it is both of our heads if you lose." Laurel said.

"That's why I won't lose. You don't have to worry ok. We will get through this." Oliver said.

"I know we will. We always have. That's why we are such a good team." Laurel said and Oliver nodded and stood up and gave her a kiss before she left the office to get back to her job.

They had just finished getting the bunker set up so that they could use it as their base of operations, so this is where Oliver and Laurel had set up the meeting with Nyssa and Talia. When Nyssa and Talia arrived, they walked up and hugged both Oliver and Laurel. They were all really good friends while Oliver and Laurel were part of the league. They looked over and saw Mia who was running towards them to give them hugs as well.

"How are you doing my favorite niece? I have missed you." Nyssa said.

"I have missed you and Aunt Talia too." Mia said.

"Ok Mia, go and train for a little while. We need to have a private conversation with your aunts." Laurel said.

"Ok mommy." Mia said.

"Well it is good that you are still training her. She will be a valuable part of your team one days." Talia said.

"This is going to sound weird, but I need you both to trust me ok." Oliver said and they both nodded.

"I am going to touch you with this ring and then you will both know would we have to do in the next couple of months." Oliver said and then he went to touch Nyssa's arm and then Talia's.

He gave them a minute and then he looked at them and said "So, are you ready to come up with a plan to defeat your father in six months?" Oliver asked and they both nodded.

"What is it that you need Oliver?" Talia asked.

"I need to be at top notch in sword fighting. I would like you to stay and train me for the next six months. I need you to make sure I am ready." Oliver said.

"I will make sure that you are ready. Anything else that you need?" Talia asked.

"Nyssa, I need you to go back and tell your father that I want to face him in a fight in six months." Oliver said.

Nyssa nodded and then asked, "Who will lead the league once you have beaten father?"

"I am not sure yet, but I am considering keeping the ring and turning the league into a league of heroes. You two will be running the day-to-day operation and I will only be consulted if you need a decision that requires my attention." Oliver said.

"I actually like the sound of that. Being in charge without actually being in charge." Nyssa said and Talia nodded in agreement.

"So, we have an agreement then?" Oliver asked and both of the sisters nodded and took their leave.

"Ok, that went better than I was expecting." Laurel said.

"I knew that if I gave them something they would take. They both like being in charge, so they are in charge but not the actually leader." Oliver said.

"And people thing that you aren't smart. If they could only see how smart you really are." Laurel said with a chuckle.

"Lets head home." Oliver said.

When they got home, Laurel was not feeling well, and she went to the bathroom to get sick. Oliver followed her and was holding her hair back and rubbing her back while she was vomiting. When she was done, she said "I have been feeling weird for the last couple of days. I will be aright though." Laurel said and Oliver nodded as he left the bathroom to give her some privacy while she brushed her teeth.

Ten minutes later she walked out of the bathroom and walk to where Oliver was sitting on the couch and she had a big smile on her face. He looked at her and asked, "What are you so happy about?"

She didn't say anything. She just showed him the home pregnancy test and when he saw it, he started smiling to and then he said "I am so happy. I have always wanted to make sure that Mia would have a sibling to look after."

"Me too. So, you aren't upset? I know this is not the best time." Laurel said.

"There is never a perfect time Laurel, but everything will be fine." Oliver said and Laurel nodded.

"Should we tell our daughter that she is going to be a big sister?" Laurel asked.

Oliver shook his head. "She is already in bed. Let's not wake her. Anyways, I have other ideas for tonight. How about we go celebrate." Oliver said.

"Ollie, you know I can't drink." Laurel said.

"Who said anything about drinking." Oliver said as he picked her up bridal style and took her to their room and they made love for half the night.