Chapter 15

The next morning Oliver, Laurel, and Mia went for to the Queen mansion for a family breakfast. When they walked in, they saw that Thea and Roy were already there. They all had an enjoyable breakfast and once they were done Oliver asked, "So dad, what can you tell me about what happened at the applied sciences building last night?"

"I thought that a group of people broke in and stole a piece of equipment but when the police looked at the tape, they saw that it was only one person and he somehow lifted equipment all by himself."

Everyone looked at each other knowing what was happening except for Robert who asked, "Am I missing something?"

"When I was on the island there was a man there who trained me, and we became like brothers. He was nearly killed and Shado, Sara, and I decided to inject him with a serum that enhanced his strength and it also messed with his mind. Last time he came after me because he was in love with Shado and she was shot when he thought that I choose Sara over her. This time I am not sure why he is here, but I know how to beat him. We will just have to wait until he shows himself."

Robert nodded in understanding. Oliver's phone started to ring so he checked the caller id and saw that it was Felicity. "Sorry, I have to take this." Oliver said as he got up and left the room.

"What do you have Felicity?" Oliver asked.

"Oh, it looks like someone is trying to rob a blood transport van. You need to get there as soon as possible." Felicity said.

"Ok, Laurel, Thea, Roy, and I are on the way. Keep us up to date on the location of the van." Oliver said.

"Will do." Felicity said.

Oliver entered the dining room and said "Sorry to run but we are needed in the city. Someone is trying to rob a blood transport van. Can y'all Mia while we are gone mom?"

"Sure Sweetie. Go do what you have to do." Moira said.

They all got up and ran to the garage where there were two motorcycles. Oliver and Laurel were on one and Roy and Thea were on the other. When they got to the scene, they saw a man loading the blood into another truck and was about to leave. They pulled up in front of the truck so that it was blocked in and Oliver and Roy started to fire arrows at the man. Every arrow that hit the man hardly penetrated his skin and ended up bending. Thea tried to freeze him and it worked for a second but the guy broke out of it so then Laurel tried to use her Canary Cry on him and it knocked him to the ground but he got up really quick, so they decided to try hand to hand combat. That did not work out well for them either because any hit that was landed did not seem to phase the man. The man ended up throwing all of the heroes away from him and getting into his truck and escaping.

They went back to the lair and tried to come up with a plan on how to beat this man. Oliver decided that he would do it like he did last time. He would have to make the machine that this man stole from Queen Consolidated explode and kill him.

"Felicity see if you can find out if Blood is using the same hide out as last time. If he is, we will all go in and hopefully take care of the machine and this man." Oliver said.

Felicity nodded and looked to see if Blood was at that location and after a few minutes she found out that was still the location of Blood's operations. "He is at the same location. I will be glad when you take him down because that was one of our best lairs." Felicity says.

Oliver nodded and then told everyone to suit up. When they got to the location the entered it to find the man in the skull make along with the man who had stolen the machine and all of the blood. The man attacked, but with all of their help they ended up pushing the man back toward the machine while Oliver, Roy , and Thea shot explosive arrows at the man which ended up catching the machine on fire, which exploded, causing the concrete ceiling to fall on the man, killing him. They turned around to see that the man in the skull mask was gone.

They all decided to return back to the lair and then call it a night. Oliver and Laurel returned back to the mansion to pick up Mia. Before they entered the mansion, Oliver wanted to speak to Laurel in private.

"Laurel, I think I know how to bring Slade out of hiding. We know that this is the mayor's last term that he is seeking, and we also know that Blood will be running. I think that if I run for mayor, I can draw Slade out and I am able to take care of myself. So, what do you think?" Oliver asked.

"I think it is a good idea. I think that Thea would be a perfect chief of staff for you too. She did a lot for your campaign from what I can remember before I died." Laurel said.

"Yeah. She did great and I think I know who I want for my deputy mayor as well. He was running for mayor when the old earth was destroyed. His name is Rene Ramirez." Oliver said.

Laurel nodded and they entered the mansion to tell his parents the new. As they entered the sitting room, they see Moira and Mia watching cartoons on the television.

"Hey mom, we have something that we want to talk to you about." Oliver said.

"Ok, lets go to the other room and talk." Moira said and they all left for the other room and asked Robert to come as well.

"Mom and dad, I want to run for mayor because it is going to be vacant after the mayor finishes his term. I was hoping that Queen Consolidated would back me." Oliver said.

"Of course, we will son. I am happy that you are trying to also help this city in the light and not just in the shadows." Robert said.

"Wouldn't this make Slade come after you like he did me?" Moira asked.

"That is my plan. And once he has shown himself, I can take care of him. Plus, I will have the team around me most of the time to help." Oliver said.

His parents nodded and then they talked more about his campaign. When they were all done talking Oliver and Laurel went and pick a sleeping Mia up and took her to the car so that they could go back to their apartment and call it a night. They had a lot that had to be done in the next couple of days to get Oliver into the mayor race.

A/N: Thanks for reading and please review and let me know what you think. Also, let me know of any ideas that you might have for upcoming chapters and I might use them. Thanks.