Chapter 22

The next day Oliver was in his office going over some things with Quentin and Laurel. They were really starting to crack down on the corrupt people in the SCPD and the DA's office. "I want every corrupt policeman and corrupt ADA fired as soon as possible. It will give Diaz less of a chance to take over the city this time around." Oliver said.

"I have already fired 20 policemen and I am getting close to firing another 10 give or take." Quentin said.

"I have fired 4 ADAs and it looks like the other 5 are clean, but I will continue to keep an eye on it." Laurel said.

"Thanks for working so hard on this. It is best that we are ahead of the game on this. I never knew how corrupt the city was until it was to late last time." Oliver said.

"Well I had better get back to work. I will see y'all later." Quentin said.

"Anything else you need me to do?" Laurel asked.

"Being that you have checked into everyone that works for you. I would like it if you could look into the city council members. Some of them were dirty last time too." Oliver said.

"I will let you know something tonight." Laurel said.

Just then the news came on and they both stopped to listen. "It looks like Oliver Queen is making a lot of moves early in his political career. He has had his new DA fire four people for corruption and his new police commissioner fire 20 policemen also for corruption. It looks like he is really going to clean this city up." The news caster said.

"Well, it is good that people now know that you are doing what is best for the city." Laurel said.

"Yeah, well I will let you get back to work. I will see you in the bunker tonight." Oliver said.

"Ok, see you then." Laurel said giving him a kiss before leaving the office.

Later that night the team met in the bunker to go over any new developments that would need the team's expertise. When everyone had finally arrived, Oliver said "So, we have some new about some trouble that might be coming to the city."

"What would that be and who did you hear this from?" asked Diggle.

"Ras has demanded that Laurel and I return to the league in 6 months." Oliver said.

"And he found out from us." Nyssa said as she and Talia walked out of the shadows in the bunker.

"How do we know that we can trust them" Felicity asked.

"I returned their memories from the old earth. They are on our side." Oliver said.

"So, did your father agree to my conditions?" Oliver asked Nyssa.

"Yes, he did. He is still giving you the 6 months to return, but if you do not return willingly, he will come to Star City and fight you. If you win, you control the league. If you lose, you will die, and Laurel will have to go back to the league." Nyssa said.

"Sounds fair. So, is there anything else that needs to be discussed?" Oliver asked and no one came forward with any new information.

Just then the alarms on the computers started to go off showing that there was a shooting at a warehouse in the glades. "What have you got Felicity?" Oliver asked.

"It looks Carrie Cutter is on the lose again. Which means she is probably looking for you." Felicity said.

"Ok, so this only needs a few people. Sara and Emiko, you two are with me. The rest of you go out and hit the streets and make sure nothing else bad is happening tonight in the city." Oliver said and everyone nodded and left the bunker to do their jobs.

Before she left the bunker Thea looked at Laurel and said, "Laurel aren't you coming?"

"No. I am not feeling well tonight." Laurel said.

"Well hope you feel better soon." Thea said.

"Yeah in about 9 months." Laurel said under her breath.

"What was that?" Thea asked.

"I said yeah me too." Laurel said and Thea nodded as she left the bunker.

When Oliver, Sara, and Emiko arrived at the scene, Cutter was waiting for him. Sara and Emiko took another route so that she did not know that they were there.

"Lover, you finally showed up. I have wanted to be with you since you saved my life during the siege. We will be so great together." Cutter said.

"I will never be with you. You might as well get that through you head now." Oliver said.

"Well if I can't have you then you will just have to die." Cutter said as she shot an arrow at Oliver.

He caught the arrow and then shot it back at her. She was only paying attention to Oliver, so she had no idea that Sara was sneaking up behind her. When Cutter got ready to shoot another arrow at Oliver, Sara used her staff to hit cutter in the head to knock her out. Emiko tied her up and then called the police to tell them that Cutter had been taking down and was ready to be taking to jail.

As the team made it back to the bunker, everyone was concerned that Laurel did not go out into the field tonight. It was not like her to not go out on patrol. So, Sara asked "Why did you not go out tonight?"

"Well, I was going to wait for a while to announce it bit being that everyone is so concerned. I will be out of commission for at least the next 9 months." Laurel said, hoping that everyone would catch onto her meaning.

"Oh my God. Congratulations you guys. I am so happy for you." Thea said and then the rest of the team gave their congratulations as well.

"So, who is going to be the Black Canary while Laurel is out? It would look kind of obvious if she is not out in the field and Laurel was pregnant at the same time." Diggle said.

"I was thinking that it could be Sara at first, but then I thought about it. The White Canary is just as well known as the Black Canary, so that would be kind of obvious to because then people might think that Laurel is the White Canary. I think that it has to be either Thea, Emiko, or Shado. What do you think Laurel?" Oliver asked.

"Well if you are trying to find someone that looks them most like me body wise, I would have to say the best fit would be Shado. Just give her a blonde wig and so green contacts and everything should work out fine." Laurel said.

"I am honored that you think I can pull this off. I will do my best to honor you while you are out." Shado said.

"There is one other problem. What about the Canary Cry? Everyone expects me to use it. If Shado does not use it, then people will know that something is up." Laurel said.

"Maybe we can get Cisco to make one like he did on the old earth." Thea said.

"That's not necessary. I can help with that." Oliver said.

"Sara and Shado can I talk to you alone for a minute?" Oliver asked and then he led Sara and Shado into another room.

"What's going on Ollie?" Sara asked.

Without answering, Oliver reached up to both Sara and Shado's neck and his eye turned green. The next thing the girls know is that they feel a weird feeling in their throats. Oliver looked at them and said "You both now have a Canary Cry. I should have given you one a while ago Sara, but it just never came up."

Both of the girls nodded and then all three of them returned to the main room with everyone else. When they got there Diggle asked, "So what was all of that about?"

"Sara and Shado now have a cry, so now hopefully no one will be the wiser when it comes to Laurel not being in the field." Oliver said.

It had been a great night for everyone involved on the team. They had taken down Cutter and found out the good new about Laurel being pregnant. Now it was time to head home for the night for some sleep.