Chapter 26

Today was the day for the second appointment with the to make sure everything was going ok with the babies. Oliver and Laurel were sitting in the waiting room waiting to be called. When they were finally called back into the examination room, Laurel got up on the table and relaxed, waiting for the doctor. When the doctor finally entered the room, he asked "So, how are you today Laurel? How has everything been progressing?"

"I am doing fine and as far as I know everything is going fine with the babies. I haven't been having any problems so far." Laurel said.

"Well that's good. Ok, so if you would lift your shirt so we can take a look at the babies and check their heart beats." The doctor said.

Laurel nodded and lifted her shirt. "Just a warning. This gel will be a bit cold."

Laurel shivered a bit when the gel hit her skin. The doctor got the ultrasound wand and put it on her stomach searching for the babies. Once he found them, he looked at Laurel and Oliver and said "Everything seems to be alright with the babies. They have good heart beats and they look healthy from what I can see. Would you like to know the sex of the babies?" the doctor asked.

Oliver and Laurel looked at each other and then nodded. They turned to the doctor and said, "Yes we would like to know the sex of the babies."

"Ok, lets see. This baby right here." The doctor said while pointing at the screen "Is a girl and this one right here." The doctor said while pointing at the other baby "Is a boy. Congratulations. Do you have any questions?" the doctor asked.

"No, I can't think of anything right now." Laurel said.

"Well, I would like to congratulate you once again. If you have any questions don't hesitate to call." The doctor said as he left the room.

Laurel and Oliver then left the doctor's office and went to work. Oliver had a city council meeting that he needed to attend, and Laurel had a court hearing to attend.

Once they were done with work for the day they went home to relax, and they decided to talk about names for the babies being that they knew what the sexes were now.

"Ok, so how about we talk about names for the babies." Laurel said.

"I think that is a good idea. Do you have any in mind?" Oliver asked.

"I was thinking for the boy we could use Conner or William. I thought that you might would want to name him William since you had William on the old earth." Laurel said.

"I would rather not name him William because that is the name of the child that I had with another woman while be unfaithful to you. I just don't think it is right to use that name here. I do like the name Conner though." Oliver said.

"Ok, so Conner will be his first name. What about his middle name?" Laurel asked.

"I think we should use his mother's maiden name. I like the name Lance." Oliver said.

"Ok, I actually do like the sound of that. Conner Lance Queen." Laurel said.

"What about the girl?" Oliver asked.

About that time Mia walked into the room. She had been playing with her toys in her room and she came out and asked "What are you to talking about?"

"We are trying to decide what we would name a baby girl." Laurel said.

"Can I help? I always wanted a baby sister." Mia said.

"Sure, what do you think a good name would be?" Oliver asked.

"I named one of my favorite dolls Olivia. I always liked that name." Mia said.

"She's got a point Ollie. It does have a nice ring to it." Laurel said.

"Are you sure you want to name the girl after me though? We could always go with the third Dinah in a row." Oliver said with a chuckle.

"We will not be doing that. I really like the name Olivia." Laurel said.

Oliver sighed and said "Alright we will go with Olivia. What about a middle name?"

"How about Elizabeth? I really like that name as well." Laurel said.

"I like it. So, the girl will be named Olivia Elizabeth Queen." Oliver said.

"So, I am guessing that I am having a baby sister. What is the other baby going to be?" Mia asked.

"You are having a baby brother as well. His name will be Conner Lance Queen."

"That is so cool. I am going to have a baby brother and sister." Mia said happily.

"Yes, you are, and you are going to have to help us look after them, ok?" Laurel said.

"I will help you both. I am really looking forward to being a big sister." Mia said.

"So, what do you say we go out and get something to eat and on the way back home we stop and get some ice cream?" Oliver said.

"Yes! Ice cream!" Mia screamed as she went to get ready to leave.

Once Mia got back to the sitting room, the family got ready to leave and go eat at Big Belly Burger. Once they were done eating, they went to the ice cream shop and got ice cream. Mia was really happy because she does not get to have ice cream all that often. When they got back home Laurel went to help Mia bath so that she could go to bed. Once Mia was asleep, Oliver and Laurel decided that they would watch the news for a little while to see what was going on around the city. It seemed to be a pretty quiet night, with just a couple of store robberies that the police would be able to take care of. Once they were done watching the television they went to bed.

On the other side of the city a person who is riding a motorcycle drives by and shoots a man that is waiting for a cab to pick him up. The man is pronounced dead on the scene. From across the street a woman with dark brunette hair is watching the scene with a smile on her face.