Chapter 31

Today was the day that Oliver and Laurel were going to take the twins home. Laurel had been looking forward to getting out of the hospital for a few days now. She knew that the babies had to stay just for precautions. She was itching to get back out in the field too.

"I am so glad to be home. I am just looking forward to relaxing somewhere other than a hospital bed. Those are not very comfortable after you have been in it for days." Laurel said.

"Well everyone wanted to come over and throw a party for when you and the twins came home. I told them that it might be better to wait for a while. But I know one person who is going to be happy to see you." Oliver said.

They walked into their apartment and Laurel was nearly knocked over by Mia who came and gave her a big hug.

"I missed you so much mommy. I am glad you are home." Mia said.

"I missed you too, sweetie. Now go tell Aunt Thea thank you for staying with you today." Laurel said and Mia ran over to where Thea was sitting.

"Thank you for watching me today Aunt Thea." Mia said.

"No problem. Now give me a hug. I have to go meet Roy for dinner." Thea said and Mia hugged her tight.

"Remember, you are always welcome to spend the night with Roy and I whenever you want. Just asked your parents first." Thea said.

"I will remember that. I love you Aunt Thea." Mia said.

"Love you to sweetie." Thea said as she left the apartment.

"Come on baby, we are putting the twins in their new beds. You need to learn to do that as well." Oliver said to Mia.

"Can I hold one of them. I want to learn how to do that too." Mia said.

"Sure. Sit down on the couch and we will show you what to do." Laurel said and Mia raced to the couch and sat down waiting for her parents.

"Do you have a certain one you want to hold?" Laurel asked.

"I would like to hold Conner, please." Mia said.

"Ok. I am going to show you what to do. Ok?" Laurel said and Mia nodded.

Laurel the showed her how to cradle the baby in her arms so that the head was held up.

"You are a natural baby." Laurel said.

"Thanks mommy. I am going to be the best big sister in the world." Mia said.

"Do you to try and feed him?" Oliver asked.

"Ok, I will try." Mia said as Oliver handed her a bottle of milk.

"Just put the nipple in his mouth and he will do the rest." Laurel said.

"Wow, I think he was really hungry mommy. He almost finished it all." Mia said.

"Yeah now hand him to your daddy so that he can burp him. I will hand you Olivia and you can feed her." Laurel said.

"Ok." Mia said.

Once the babies were feed, Laurel and Oliver took them to their new cribs. Mia was behind them because she was curious as to what was going on. Once the babies were asleep, the three of them walked back to the sitting room to walk and sat down and watch Frozen. Laurel fell asleep halfway through the movie.

"Daddy, why did mommy fall asleep during the movie? She has never done that before." Mia said

"Mommy is tired baby. She has to be up a lot to take care of the twins, so you and I are going to have to help her out." Oliver said.

"I will do my best. What will I have to do?" Mia asked.

"You can feed the babies like you did earlier or just hold one of them to take some of the weight off of you mom. She will really appreciate that." Oliver said.

"I can do that. I like holding the babies." Mia said.

"Just do stuff like that or anything mommy asks for and you will be fine." Oliver said.

"Ok daddy." Mia said.

The two of them finished watching Frozen and then Oliver went to fix dinner. When dinner was done cooking, Laurel woke up and walked into the kitchen to see Oliver cooking and Mia sitting on the counter watching Oliver cook. It was in these moments that Laurel couldn't believe how lucky she was to have her husband and daughter as well as the twins. She went to look in on the twins while Oliver was teaching Mia how to cook. She picked up Conner and said "I hope you come to me for things because your daddy already gives your older sister anything she wants. I would like at least one of my children to come to me. I know that Olivia will probably always go to your father for things as well. Could you do that for me sweetie." The baby then smiled at her and laughed a little.

"I guess that is as good as I can get right now." Laurel said as she laughed as well.

She put him back in the crib and picked up Olivia and started to sing to her. She had the baby smiling at her and laughing as well. When she was done with the song, both of the babies were asleep. She walked back out to the kitchen to see that everything was done.

"I was going to come and wake you up, but you were already awake. How are the twins? I assume that is where you were." Oliver said.

"Yeah, they were fine. I just talked and sang to them for a few minutes." Laurel said.

"That's good. Now come on and eat dinner, then you can go back to sleep if you want." Oliver said.

"No, I need to spend time with Mia. I don't want her to think I don't care about her." Laurel said.

"She would never do that. But you do what you want after we are done with dinner." Oliver said.

"Thanks Ollie. I love you." Laurel said.

"Love you too sweetheart." Oliver said.