Consequences

Felix Alexander's POV

The police station is hustling and bustling. I don't know why are there so many people around?

We are thoroughly checked after passing through the metal detector and we make our way to the officer, seated on the front desk.

"Dr. Felix Alexander and Dr. Sienna Trinh. We were asked to visit for the matter of recording our statements in the Hotel Crescent Heights case" I inform him.

"Officer Jones will be seeing you soon. Kindly wait" he points towards the waiting lounge where the two of us go next.

It is extremely uneasy for both of us. I can feel it.

"Have you ever been to one of these places before?" she breaks the silence.

"No. Never before" I answer.

"Same. It feels creepy" she accompanies her uncomfortable words with a shot laugh.

"I mean, yeah... in movies, it doesn't seem as scary, but in reality it is super strange."

"Wait. What movies have you been watching? Police stations are always scary in whatever movie I have ever watched!" she sounds astounded.

I chuckle "Well, I guess I should take it easy on the Jim Carrey movies, because jail is never scary when he goes there".

Sienna rewards me with a silent laughter and I feel my chest bloom with happiness.

"Dr. Trinh, Dr. Alexander! Kindly follow me" arrives an Officer to escort us to his superior.

---

"So these men made you hostages and then took you to the Hotel" Officer Fredrick Jones goes over our statements.

"Officer, who are these people exactly?" asks Sienna.

"Ma'am, they are basically the members of a Gang. Nikos Anastopoulos's gang" Jones replies grimly.

Sienna turns to me and I look at her in shock. "We have no idea who that is, but the name alone is pretty intimidating"

"He's a Greek arms dealer. Lately, he's been growing his Gang at an alarming speed. He prefers to call himself a 'Businessman' but everyone knows that he is bloody damned criminal. Latest to latest weaponry and arms are available and within his reach. He was in Vegas a while back for some deal. A special Detective from Vegas was hired by the Interpol to catch him. He got away as usual, but it is good now that we have the members from his Gang. We'd get closer on getting to know his current location".

This raises a lot of questions in my head, however.

"What is Mr. Alexander's doing in all this? He is the reason that we all got dragged into this!" I ask impatiently.

His lips turn into a hard line and his eyes fall on Sienna.

"Can I leave if it is necessary?" she asks before any of us says anything. Honestly, I am fine with her being here. She can stay if she wants to.

"Your call, Dr. Alexander" replies Jones.

"I leave it up to you" I nod.

Sienna licks her lips and nods as she gets up and exits the investigation room.

Officer Jones breathes in and steadies himself to tell me the further details.

---

"Your Father had taken some money from Nikos. I mean, of course he won't even know the details, his men lent Finn Alexander the money. Alexander was unable to pay them back and was on the run. These men were looking around for him and thus, they came across you. You should be glad that nothing happened to your mother" and when he mentions my mother... my heart summersaults with fear and anxiety.