Trying For A Sweet Bond

Felix Alexander's POV

Looking back at our historical timeline, Sienna and I have never had a great history with the:

"I wanna talk" situation and especially in my bedroom.

This very bedroom has seen so much...

I try not to think of it, but can you blame me if that's the only thing my mind can run to?

"Go on" I permit her to have her say, and she doesn't wait for long.

"It is a new beginning for all of us, Felix. Especially for you and I. I want to get started on the right foot"

And what does she suggest?

"Hopefully, we are still friends" it is more like a question, than a statement.

"Just so you know..." Oh no, I'm about to be brutally honest!

"Just say it!" she shuts her eyes, as if waiting for some harsh impact.

"I want to be more than just friends and I can not and will not deny that. It is about being honest. I'll try my best, but please don't expect..." and I don't exactly know what I mean from these expectations.

She slightly nods her head "I get it. Thanks for being truthful with me"

"I am always sincere with you. Hope you know that" I mutter. She doesn't give me an answer, but I know, that she knows.

"I am glad that you are ready to try. I hope that one day, you can... go ahead with your life" I know what she wanted to say.

"Move on with my life, you mean? You can say it, it's fine. I'm not getting mad at you or anything" I would have not said it, if it were the old me... but, oh well, that 'Me' is gone, isn't he?

"I know, I know. I guess, I'll leave you now. Good night, Felix" she quite abruptly walks out of the door. The door shuts quite loudly behind her, she re-opens it and is wearing an embarrassed look "Sorry, for it. I'm clumsy" and she closes it slowly and carefully this time.

I should've smiled at her and waved it off. Of course, I did not. What is wrong with me?

---

Esme and I treat her patient from yesterday. I observe her working. She is very quiet during work. She doesn't talk to the patient and doesn't try to make him feel relaxed or comfortable. In my point of view, she's kind of... robotic. I mean, it is nice to talk to the patient about other things except his treatment and illness. One can talk on other subjects too and not just 'Are you feeling any pain here or there?' sort of stuff.

In conclusion, she's not exactly the warmest of people.

"How about we go and get some dessert after work today?" I ask her out with the idea of persuading her to be a little nicer and warmer towards patients.

Her mouth twitches and she narrows her eyes at me. She crosses her arms across her chest, which I accept is sort of scary.

"I have no interest in dating or getting involved in anything but work, with my resident. So how about you lock that idea in some cage and throw it away in the Atlantic Ocean or whichever unreachable and untraceable corner of the world you can find?"

Shit, she's got my intentions so wrong. With no choice, I tell her right here what I was supposed to talk about in the evening.

"They are not my long-lost friends or anything. I treat them and that's all" she rolls her eyes.